4.21.2015

NOTD - A Touch Of The Mediterranean

Ello ello you lovely bunch! Hows tricks?

I've recently found myself happily reunited with my love for duo-chromes, the sun finally showing its lovely self may have something to do with this & had me reaching for two beauties from the Barry M Aquarium collection in particular, Mediterranean & Treasure Chest. I wanted me some tropical vibes on my nails & boy did these deliver!

When stuck for inspiration nothing beats a good old glitter gradient in my book! So easy to do & with a lovely eye catching finish, especially with these two pretty polishes.


I applied two coats of Barry M Mediterranean, a stunning pink & copper duo-chrome. The finish is so shimmery, almost foil like & you can really see the pretty colour shift. I've applied Mediterranean over base coat here however to get the most out of duo-chromes, try applying over black polish to really make them pow wow!


Then for the sparkle detail I reached for Barry M Treasure Chest. The glitters in the Aquarium collection are so pretty, Treasure Chest contains shards of pale gold & rose glitter pieces, giving a delicate rose gold look.


To create the gradient I simply dabbed Treasure Chest to the top half of the nail using the brush, dragging a few of the glitter pieces further down the nail, before dabbing more on to the tips.


Finish with a good few coats of topcoat, as that's the one thing about shard glitter, it can have a cheeky tendency to fold up! Nothing a good sealing won't fix.


Definitely feeling the summer vibes now! *grabs shades* Thanks as always for reading lovelies!

Lotsa love to ya!





2 comments:

  1. I haven't worn a duochrome in AGES! I go through phases where I don't wear a finish for ages and then wear the crap out of it haha. Totally agree with glitter gradients being awesome when stuck for inspiration. Quick and easy and it always looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I was the same! Then I stumbled across a drawer of them & it was a hallelujah moment ;) They're fab right?! And I forgot to mention they're a fab solution to chipped tips! Just cover with a fookload of glittter! Sorted ;) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo