2.24.2015

NOTD - Stripes and Roses


Hullo there me beauts! Hope you're all having a tip top week :)

Bringing forth some monochromatic action today with simple black & white stripes & a floral fix in the form of rustic rose tips. This type of stripe nail art, otherwise known as a Beetlejuice mani as I often like to refer to it for obvious reasons, is one of my favourites as its striking yet easy to do! Can be worn alone or jazzed up a wee bit like I've done here.


For the base I used Models Own White Light HyperGel, this polish is pretty much my go to now when I need a white base for a mani, such a fab flawless white! Here I've applied two coats.


Then using the striper brush from Models Own Black nail art pen, applied three horizontal stripes down the nail, simples!


For the 'rustic' style roses on the tips & of course by 'rustic' I actually mean 'very roughly & speedily done'...*side eye* O_o... I dabbed on some Models Own Sardonyx from the Velvet Goth collection, so much love for this polish, a deep vampy red AND sparkles? Win. 


To add to the rose detail I used some black polish & a toothpick to create a slight textured look.


Then finally using another Models Own Velvet Goth, this time Absinthe, a most divoooone deep emerald green glitter bomb, because sparkles are everything, I added a few leaves amongst the roses.


Seal design with topcoat for gloss & to really bring out that glitter & that's it :) Hope you liked, thanks for reading lovelies!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo