2.13.2015

NOTD - Marble Hearts


Hullo lovely readers & happy Friday to you! Friday the 13th it was too ooooh! Hope you had your lucky charms at hand ;) Haha I kid, not that I really believe in such things. I mean, as acquaintances often remind me; I’m enough of a walking CATASTROPHE as it is, without the additional help of a superstitious holiday O_o 
 

Rolling out another Valentines mani for you lovelies, this time trying my hand at a spot of marble nail art. You may be familiar with the concept of ‘water marbling’, if not take a peek at YouTube for some fab tutorials, however water marbling is a technique I’ve not dared to venture towards...yet. It gives me palpitations. However one does not need water to create a marble effect on the nails, here I’ve done a simple design to create some hearts...



Still needs a bit of work but for a first attempt I’m chuffed with how they came out & am keen now to explore more ways of doing this ‘dry’ marbling technique.  For this mani I dug out a couple of the Models Own HyperGels as they have a nice thick formula which I thought would work perfect for marbling.



I started off with one coat of White Light for my base. With marbling I found a bit of speed was required so it’s best to work on one nail at a time, having all the bits that you need at the ready. So your polishes, dotting tool & a toothpick.



Once the base was dry, I applied a second thick coat of White Light.



The polish must still be wet, hence why it’s better working on one nail at a time. Next grabbing my dotting tool & Model Own Cerise Shine, applied two dots side by side, in a row of three along the edge of the nail. 

 

Then quickly using the toothpick, simply went down the centre, with the pointed tip, very lightly otherwise it would go right through to the nail bed, dragging the polish to create the heart like shape marble effect. 

 

Whilst the polish was still tacky I applied a pretty pink heart rhinestone for added sparkle.



Seal it all with topcoat & that’s it! A quick & easy way to achieve marble effect nails without all that water business!

Thanks as always for reading cherubs!

Lotsa love to ya!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo