11.27.2013

NOTD - What's Black, White & Red All Over?

Hola & Happy Hump Day my beauts! Hope you're all having a tip top week!

So...What IS Black, White & Red all over I hear you ask?? Before you begin to panic & start thinking oh good lord have mercy on us Aysh no, please not a joke...fear not. Nope the answer is NOT a newspaper or a sunburnt penguin but tis in actual fact my nails today! Again I found myself looking to Instagram for some nail-spiration & came across this gorgeous take on leopard print by the lovely & talented Halat of MyAwesomeBeauty. I love the colours she used so much I had to get some red, black & white leopard print on my nails asap!


What do you think? I absolutely loved the colour combination, so different yet striking too! When hunting out which red to use for my base I reached for Rimmel Salon Pro Lycra polish in Rock N Roll which is my favourite red at the mo. Not only is the shade the most gorgeous pin up red, but the formula is fantastic with a great quality brush & almost a one coater! I still went for my regular two coats which dried quickly to a lovely glossy finish. Defo need more of these!


Once I had my red base nice & dry as you don't want the colours bleeding into each other, I used NYC Pinstripe White & placed random splodgy dots, about four on to each nail, using the polish brush. The great thing about leopard print is that it doesn't have to be perfect.


Then grabbing my Models Own nail art pen in black I just added C shaped brackets to each white dot, kind of almost sandwiching them with the black before adding a few extra black dots as well.


Finishing off with a coat or two of topcoat to make those nails shine & you're done! Leopard print is definitely one of my favourite designs to do, so easy & the colour combos you can try are endless!


Thanks as always for reading my lovelies! Are you a fan of leopard print? Any colour combo recommendations?

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo