11.11.2013

NOTD - French Nails With A Twist!

Hello there lovely readers!

Today I have a different take on a French Manicure to share with you lovelies but with a slight twist to it, giving a nice change to your bog standard French nails. 
This design was inspired by a fab Instagram account I follow, NewlyPolished, which always has the most amazing nail art designs that can be easily recreated like this one! IG is definitely the place I go to these days for some nailspiration :D Anyhoos...on to the nails!



What do you think? I just completely fell in love with the pretty feminine design & couldn't wait to give it a go myself! To begin with I applied a coat of Barry M Nude over the whole nail as a base for my mani.


Next I free handed some chevrons onto the tips of the nails using what may be the best nude...ever...Misguided's Misscellaneous. Such a fab nude shade with a lovely creamy formula, I love it! 
Then for the pretty white lace-like design I used my Models Own Nail art pen, though you can use any white polish with a small nail art brush & starting from the centre, drew a V like shape with curved edges before continuing the design on either side of the V, along the inside of the chevron tip till you reach the edge.


For a touch of sparkle I couldn’t resist adding a little diamant√© nail art stone on the center of each nail before going over the design with a thick coat of topcoat to seal. And that it! French nails with a twist! I'm also getting a serious wedding vibe with this design & think it would make a lovely bridal manicure too!



Thanks as always for stopping by dolls!



Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo