7.09.2013

What I Wore...Pleats & Platforms OOTD

Bonjour mon petit choux! Are you all having a good week my dears? Feeling sickeningly cheerful for a Tuesday as I managed to nab me a couple of days off work huzzah! So I'm grateful I can at least experience & enjoy this delightful weather we've been blessed with instead of inflicting my stare of death on to patients coming in to my work expressing how gorgeous it is outside! ;)

Mixing things up on the ol' bloggy today with a wee little outfit of the day of what I wore on my weekend adventures. I'm determined now that we have a bit of sun to wear the hell out of all the summer clothes that I seem to have accumulated at an alarming rate...I honestly don't know where they all seem to have come from...honestly *tumbleweed*




This little gem of a dress is from Dorothy Perkins & I actually found hidden away in my car boot cold & forgotten poor thing! I know...I have a serious dress buying problem & am seeking help. But am so happy to have found it & give it the proper loving it deserves as I adore it! The flowy chiffon skirt in that divine mint shade combined with a cream lace vest & pleats make for such a pretty dress. This is actually a size 10 but I loved it so much, plus it WAS on sale that I nabbed it like a crazy lady & fixed the slight looseness with a gold plaid belt for some cinching action, finishing with a light white cardi.




The shoes had their very first outing as well & were a Zara sale purchase. Even though the sale itself was pretty abysmal with only £10 off here & there, I somehow found myself within its clutches & was drawn to these absolutely beaut platforms like a moth to the flame. I'd actually been eyeing up the coral version of these all month but I much prefer the turquoise! They are also a wee bit high so I did feel a bit Bambi-like in them at first & was subjected to my mothers wonderful “Are you frickin kidding me?” face but I did it! They passed the Westfields test & after a whole day of prowling the mall my ankles were still intact! Go me.




Neck jewellery was this statement gold piece which has a bit of an Aztec or Egyptian vibe going on...can't really decide which...either way it was an awesome bargain buy from Wallis at just a fiver cut down from £20. Definitely keep a look out for Wallis jewellery sales dolls, they have some seriously gorgeous pieces at the most bargainous prices!

Thanks for reading as always my lovelies!

Lotsa love ta ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo