7.15.2013

NOTD - Ruby Red Nails for July

Hello there lovely readers!

Finding ourselves in July already (time, slow down a tad will ya?! I can't keep up!) today's mani was inspired by this months birthstone, which also happens to be one of my favourite gems, the gorgeous Ruby. 


There's just something about that deep, dark, wine toned, gothic-y stone that I just cannot
get enough of, so here we go July with some suitably themed Ruby Red Nails with a hint o' sparkle!


I applied two coats of this gorgeous dark London Girl polish which, like the others I picked up for a most bargainous 60p in Shepherds Bush Market, sadly has no name. 
So for today & this mani it shall be known as Gothic Glitter Burgundy. Quite suitable I'd say as that's pretty exactly what it is with its deep wine red almost black base infused with lots of sparkly red glitter. Lush.
 

Application was lovely & like most glitters it dried muchos quickly yet leaving quite a gritty textured finish. So after applying a little red gem to each nail I did find myself having to apply not one but three coats of topcoat as it kept sinking through! Not that I'm complaining really considering how much I paid for the polish not to mention the super glossy finish from all the topcoats!


Hope you liked the July Ruby Inspired mani dolls! Also thank you to the lovely A Lacquered Affair for the birthstones themed mani idea :) Is Ruby your birthstone? If so happy birthday my little red lovelies!



Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo