7.04.2013

NOTD - Happy 4th July Fireworks Mani!

Well hello there my beauties! How are you doing? Gosh its been a while non? But life & all its chaos has kept me busy of late taking up not only a lot of time but it would appear my blogging mojo along with it too! Hence why my little space on the web has been a tad neglected of late. But I can finally grab me some time to put that to rights with what else but another mani to share of course!

Today is the 4th of July so wishing all my American buddies across the pond a happy Independence Day! I wanted to do a mani to mark the occasion but instead of going for the usual red, white & blue colours, I know that Washington DC celebrate with a bang & a most awesome fireworks display so I went for a mani along those lines instead with fireworks inspired nails :)


What do you think? Hopefully you can tell that the effect is meant to resemble fireworks somewhat ;) Please excuse the annoying dent on the thumb, just evidence of my impatience! But other than that it actually came out much better than I expected & the best part is that its so easy to do!



To start off with I applied two coats of Essence Galactic Black, a lovely black polish filled with lots of silver glitter flecks giving it a nice little twist from your bog standard plain black ;)


Then for the fireworks effect I grabbed my thin long nail art brush & four polishes, on this occasion I decided to use 4 metallic polishes which I happened to pick up when my eye spotted them on the side whilst queuing up in Primark. That really is a cheeky little trick of theirs...or pure & utter genius o_0


To create the fireworks like effect I just dipped the brush in each polish, one at a time & applied quick upwards strokes starting from the cuticle & ending just above the middle. Finish it all up with a coat of topcoat & that's it!


Hope you liked the 4th July Fireworks mani dolls! Have you done an Independence Day inspired nails? Would love to see!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo