7.21.2013

Glossy Gel Effect Nails with Bourjois Grenadine Tonic 15

Greetings darling ones! Hope to find you all well, enjoying your weekends & making the most of this glorious sun! This week past saw my friend & I doing so with the decision of an impromptu road trip to Bournemouth instead of slaving away at work, ssssh don't tell anyone ;) But I find that last minute plans are always the best non? And twas just what we needed, time spent lying on the beach catching the rays with the sound of the waves in our ears, bliss! I could close my eyes & just imagine myself to be somewhere tropical which goes to show you don't have to go abroad for such things! Plans to move to the coast asap in the near future are definitely in thine mind!


Today I have an interesting little polish for you beauties, one which caught my eye yonks ago & naturally here I am blogging about it a year later, ahem!*side eye* The polish in question is this rather intriguing offering from Bourjois 1 Seconde Gloss Range (RRP £5.99) called Grenadine Tonic 15 & is a sheer red/blood orange toned gloss. To my eyes at first it seemed to be just another topcoat however despite the sheerness of it, Grenadine Tonic's formula is thick thanks to the addition of silicone which gives the polish a strong gel like effect with a gorgeously glossy finish when used on top of polish or even alone.


I decided to team it with a red polish to really bring out the red tone, in this instance Rimmel Double Decker Red, one of those gorgeously vibrant fire engine red type of shades...a perfect red...or a double decker bus red even ;)


On top of the Double Decker Red I applied one thick coat of the Grenadine Tonic & the finished look was a super glossy thick gel like effect, even salon worthy I'd say as one of my friends asked if I'd had Shellac done on my nails!


Not only does the Grenadine Tonic give a gorgeous glossy gel like finish to the nails but it also dried uber fast & added longevity to the mani as I experienced zero chipping in the time worn. Not bad at all eh? The wide span brush applicator is great quality too covering almost the entire nail in one swipe.


I'm interested in seeing how Grenadine Tonic would look all by its onesie, quite jelly like I'd imagine after a few thick coats, I think I'd like to try a glitter jelly sandwich with it as well as experimenting over different shades, I've seen swatches of it over pink thus giving a lovely coral tone! Endless possibilities!

Thanks for reading lovelies! Have you tried Grenadine Tonic?

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo