6.05.2013

Fruity NOTD - Kiwi Fruit!

Good evening to you lovely readers!

Today I've another fruity mani to add to the collection of fruit nail art manicures I've done so far, which have included Cherries, Banana's & Raspberries. This time its that super funky dunky Kiwi Fruit! :D To create this design I again used one of cutepolish's fab YouTube tutorials as inspiration, who's awesome Panda Nails I recently gave a whirl too!


Do you like? Now please do forgive the following god awful pics my dears, I did this mani in the evening where the lighting was abysmal, but wanted to include a little step by step of each stage on how to create kiwi nails!


For my base I applied two coats of 17's Juicy. I know...in this most unflattering lighting Juicy looks absolutely AWFUL with its essence of bogey doesn't it? However in daylight its in fact a much nicer light lime green shade & hey I needed a pale green polish for my kiwi fruit & this was what was at hand! ;)


Next I used my Barry M Nail Art Pen in White to draw ovals in the centre of each nail. Although I'm thinking it may have been better to do this step with white polish as the nib of the pen is quite thin!


However the thinness of the nail art pen tip is perfect for the next step which is to surround the circle with white lines. I may have gotten a tad overexcited & drawn my lines a wee bit longer than necessary but lets assume that these are genetically modified kiwi fruits...


To complete the fruit I then went in with my Barry M Nail Art Pen in Black & placed lots of little dots in between the white lines for the seeds.


Finish with a coat or two of topcoat to seal & you're done! As you can see Juicy looks much nicer in daylight, all traces of booger gone, phew! ;) And I am looooving the Barry M nail art pens!

Thanks for reading lovelies, hope you liked the fruity mani! Till next time!

Lotsa love to ya!


6 comments:

  1. Oooo very pretty! I'm not sure I'd wear that shade by itself though - I'd probably try with a crackle effects nail varnish to disguise a bit! :) Love how you've used it though x x

    http://angel-in-this-dress.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely! Haha yup think I have to agree with you on that one, it's definitely not a colour I'd normally reach for but it worked its purpose for this mani okay :) oooh I think it would look interesting with a crackle topcoat too! Thanks so much lovely! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a unique idea and looks amazing! Its actually making me thirsty haha! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rhi! Haha that is one of the problems with these kinda mani's, they do tend to make one constantly hungry & thirsty! ;D xoxo

      Delete
  4. See this is why you are lucky to have such long nail beds to create such scrummy nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you my darlin mumma scrubs! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo