5.09.2013

NOTD - Skittles Nails!

Good morning lovelies!



Coming in a wee bit late but lo & behold tis already time again for this months Polish Days! Where has the month gone?! The theme for this month was 'The Number 5' & to say I was stumped for what to do to interpret this theme is putting it lightly! But it was whilst I was sat munching away on a packet of my favourite sweets that inspiration finally struck...Skittles! Anyone who knows me well knows these are my little addiction, I'm utterly convinced they can cure colds & I always carry a packet around in my handbag, keep a supply in my car & even have about 6 packets in the 'emergency' stash at work...I may have a slight problem ;) So it was inevitable really that I'd eventually do a 'skittles' type mani & of course Skittles consist of 5 colours of the rainbow so fit in perfectly for the theme!




For my base I used two coats of Barry M Nude which is just the perfect polish for this sort of job, such a great base colour, almost a 'my nails but better' shade. Then I reached for 5 suitable polishes for each Skittles colour!




On my thumb I went for red & used Nails Inc St James, a gorgeous vibrant pin up red. For my index finger I went for a green Skittle using one of my favourite's Barry M''s Spring Green, another lovely vibrant shade.




For the middle finger I went for orange using Collection's Hip Hop & on the ring finger opted for yellow using Kleancolor's Neon Yellow of which I have a serious love/hate relationship with! Whilst I love the pow wow yellow, the formula is awful to work with, very gloopy & streaky *sad face* Finally on my little finger I used Barry M's Gelly polish in Plum for my purple Skittle :)




To finish I used one of the Barry M's newly released nail art pens in white to (very badly!) draw on the S's to make my skittles mani in to a proper Skittles skittles mani! ;D Loving the nail art pens from Barry M by the way, will definitely be playing around with these babies more!


Finishing with a coat of topcoat & done! Here are the polishes used for my Skittles themed skittles mani...




Thanks for reading my lovelies! Looking forward to seeing everyone's 'Number 5' themed nails!



Lotsa love to ya!


6 comments:

  1. Nice interpretation of the theme! The S on the nails look almost like 5 too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Haha yes you're right they so do, especially the way I've done them! Lol! :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! These look fab Aysh! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo