4.01.2013

NOTD - Sparkly Vampy Nails with Barry M Ruby Glitter

Hello there lovely readers! Aren't bank holiday Mondays the bestest? No Monday blues! I hope you've all a wonderful Easter filled with fun & chocolate! :D Though I have to confess I think my belly may be protesting a tad from all the indulging this weekend...but it had to be done! ;) Today was spent productively with a spot o' haulin in town, relaxing, eating some more, 'attempting' a new nail art design, a nap time squeezed in at some point as well as of course visiting the Hotel Chocolat 50% sale...most important. If you follow me on Instagram you'll see what damage was done as well as knowing that its also Miss Kittys birthday today! Hehe! Yup...she was born on April Fools Day :)

Today I have one of the gorgeous Barry M Jewel Glitter Collection polishes to share with you beauties, Ruby Glitter! I absolutely adored this collection from Barry M, not only am I a huge magpie for sparkles but I do love Barry M polishes muchly for their fab quality & value for money. I've blogged about one of the jewel glitters already, Amethyst Glitter which is stunner & I'm loving this one too!


Ruby Glitter has been rather hit & miss with many but I new I wanted it for sure due to its uniqueness! Its a really different & fun mixture of fuschia pink, red & black hexagonal glitters as well as teeny tiny micro bar black glitter in a clear base. I definitely don’t have anything like it!


As its not an opaque glitter an undie was definitely required so I first applied two coats of one of my favourite deep burgundy/wine shades & coincidentally also by Barry M, Red Black.


On top of the Red Black I then applied two coats of the Ruby Glitter, which applied really well with the glitters spreading nicely. I love this combo! The Red Black base really bring outs the glitter beautifully & the mixture of red & black creates such fab vampy nails.


Not forgetting to finish off with a nice thick coat of topcoat to smoothen the surface & shine. I think this glitter would be fab in jelly sandwiches too, looking forward to experimenting with different colours! 


Barry M polishes are available to purchase online from £2.99. Have you tried any of the Barry M Jewel Glitters? Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I've got red black, it's looks similar to henna when it comes out dark. Can always fake the henna, apply this and wack on a matte topcoat, haha! ;)

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a beauuuuuuuut of a polish isn't it?! It's actually one of the few polishes I own that's been repurchased! Haha you're so right babe, it does look like henna! Oooh I hadn't thought of trying it matte...will do this! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo