4.04.2013

NOTD - Revlon's Nail Art Moon Candy in Orbit!

Ello ello lovelies! Hows tricks? Okay its official, I have had it with this weather! I've heard of April showers yes, but April snow blizzards? Meh. I think I seriously need to consider relocating to a warmer climate ;)

Whilst popping in to Boots the other day I found myself pausing at the Revlon counter when my eye caught these Nail Art Moon Candy Polishes as well as other interesting looking new nail art collections. I was surprised because I had no idea that these had come to the UK at last! I remember seeing them on blogs a while back, loving the look of them & was fortunate enough to receive a couple from a lovely friend in the US in a polish swap. The Moon Candy Collection consists of duo sets including a crème base colour & a holographic shard glitter topcoat that has a bit of a flakie feel to it. Today I have one of the Moon Candy's to share with you, Orbit...


Orbit is a deep dark purple crème with the holographic glitter shards being in a purple tinted base. The consistency of the purple crème is quite thick, pretty much a one coater! Unfortunately though my Moon Candy's suffered some leaking when I received my package (silly mail people!) & I think this has made the consistency even more gloopy! However it applied okay & I found one coat to be sufficient.


I applied two coats of the holographic glitter on top of the purple crème to get enough coverage & I love the effect, definitely very cosmic! The shards shimmer most prettily & weren't too troublesome, however I think I will go for two thick coats of topcoat next time instead of the one to make the surface a bit more smoother. :)


I find the Moon Candy's a lovely & interesting collection & I do like my glitters ;) I really want to try the other shade I have, Cosmic, but its become SO gloopy I fear it may be beyond saving *wails* However I'll hunt me down some nail polish thinner & see of that can salvage it :) I also picked up one of the new Revlon Nail Art Expressionist duos which I've been having a play around with & will share with you also soon!

The Revlon Nail Art duo's retail for £7.99 & are available to purchase from Boots. Have you tried these nail art duos from Revlon? Thanks for reading lovelies!

Lotsa love to ya!



8 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about the weather! Your nails look fab, I need to try this! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it huny! Urgh, I think I need another holiday! ;) Thank you so much sweety, defo do try them, they're a lot of fun! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks huny, totally agree with you, its such a lovely dark purple & so pigmented too! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow this looks gorgeous! Definitely need to get one :) xx

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yes you definitely do! There's a few other shades I'm itching to get my hands on & I love how dark the base colours are! xoxo

      Delete
  4. How on earth do you apply your nail polish so neatly? Mine is a mess and wait till all the dodgy bits peel off in the shower the next day, ha!

    It's a lovely shade! I believe Models Own are doing something similar too?

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Aaaaah babe I'm actually pretty rubbish...but that's the beauty of acetone & a flat brush...I use both to clean up the edges after! Sssshhh! ;) These are fab right? Oh yes I saw the Models Own ones & twas excited at first...then I realised that most of the polishes in the duos...I already own them! So I think I'll be giving them a miss :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo