4.24.2013

NOTD - Paint It Blue For Autism Awareness Month - Wired, Flakied, & Freaked Out!

Hello there my beauties! Middle of the week has been reached, huzzah! Let us engage in a mutual fist bump. Hope everyone's week is faring well & that you're all enjoying this fine weather we're currently receiving. Heard its absolute beaut out there, as almost every single one of my patients kindly informed me today at work...where I was...inside. Lets just hope it lasts on into the weekend so I can enjoy me some of it! ;)

Wednesday is the day many like to normally associate with the colour pink, however today we'll be mixing it up a tad & instead I've another blue manicure for you dolls in honour of Autism Awareness month. As previously mentioned, for the month of April, nail bloggers will be uniting & rocking as much blue on their nails to help raise awareness, so lets do this! Cue another fist bump. For my first blue mani of the month I went for some Blue Glitter & I seem to be on a glitter high as I decided to reach for another one of the gorgeous Models Own Mirrorballs for a bit o' accent nail sparkle action!


In this mani I used the LA Colors Wired again, which I used as a base in the Blue Glitter mani. Here you can see its true shade which I'll be honest I was a tad disappointed by! In the bottle it appears to be a super vibrant blue, however on the nail its much more toned down. But for 99p a bottle who am I to complain really?!


For my accent nail I went in with two coats of the fab Freak Out from the Models Own Mirrorball Collection. I absolutely LOVED this collection & am slowly making my way through each beautiful polish. I've already blogged Boogie Nights & Disco Inferno, both absolute beauts!


Freak Out is a gorgeous glitterbomb mixture filled with large blue hex glitters & smaller fushia pink hexagonal glitters. This baby also has some blue bar glitter thrown in there & of course not forgetting those schmexy holo glitter shards to complete it.


For a final extra measure I applied a coat of Australis Crystal Colour Topcoat in Speck-tacular, which is a gorgeous flakie topcoat & was sent to me by my darling Chelle. Thank you doll! <3 I heart flakies!


Mmmm, blue, glitter AND flakie goodness. Happy me. Thanks for reading my lovelies! Will you be rocking some blue mani's this month? Would love to see!

Lotsa love to ya!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you lovely! Can't decide which one I heart the most! ;) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo