4.08.2013

NOTD - Cupcake Nails!

Ello ello lovely readers! You all good? Enjoyed a rare day off from work today giving the feeling of a lovely long weekend which is always muchos nice! I used the time off most productively & in-between running errands, attempted a manicure for this months Polish Days :)

Yup, its that time of month again! Last months theme was 'Vintage' for which I did Vintage Rose Print Nails & the theme for this months Polish Days is...The 7 Deadly Sins! Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Pride :D *innocent face* When I first saw the theme I was totally at a loss for what sort of mani to do...but then today I simply looked back at some of my activities this weekend past where amongst other things, a grand total of 3 éclairs were scoffed, a cheeky visit to Haagen Dazs for pancakes & ice cream squeezed in at some point, not to mention the countless marshmallow teacakes knocked back with a cuppa...well lets just say that yours truly MAY perhaps be guilty of 2 of the 7 deadly sins...Gluttony & Greed! O_o I'm still waiting for the guilt to arrive...*looks over shoulder* Nope! Nothing yet ;)

Anyhoos going with 2 out of the 7 deadly sins, I decided to put some sweet foodstuffs on my nails in the form of another very big weakness of mine...cupcakes! ;)


This is a mani I've wanted to try out for ages & I'm kinda happy with how they came out, this being my first attempt. I also find they make one rather peckish...For this mani I used the following polishes...


I'm completely rubbish at tutorials lovelies but I thought I'd include a step by step for you to show how I created my Cupcake Nails... :)


To start off I applied two coats of the gorgeous Barry M Berry Ice Cream which is a lovely creamy, glossy lilac crème polish that applied very nicely as always with good ol' Barry M.


Next I used the Natural Collection white polish to create the frosting part of the cupcake. Doing a 'kind of' heart shape, I applied the polish on top of the lilac, about three quarters up the nail. Don't worry about the mess, it'll all get cleaned up after ;)


Then for the first part of the cupcake case, I used LA Colors Metallic Purple & applied three stripes on the bottom half of the white all the way to the tip.


To finish off the cupcake cases I filled in the remaining gaps with pink stripes using the Kiss Nail Art Paint.


For my cherries I simply dipped & dotted a spot o' red on top of the frosting using Nails Inc St James & my dotting tool, then at the end just added a dab of red glitter for some sparkle!


Finally, no cupcake is complete without sprinkles! For this I used Models Own Cherry Pie & randomly dotted on my choccie hundreds & thousands :)

And that's it, hey presto nomnom Cupcakes! Once done, I simply went in with some acetone & a brush to clean up the polish around the nails & of course applied a thick coat of topcoat to seal.


Greed & Gluttony indeed...I should feel bad shouldn't I? Mwahaha! Aaaah life's too short I say to deny yourself such pleasures eh? ;)

Hope you liked the Cupcake Manicure lovelies! Really looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done for this months Polish Days!

Lotsa love to ya!



14 comments:

  1. This is a great tutorial! You've used quite a number of polishes there :D

    Puts me in the mood for cakes! Which reminds me, totes bought a pack of eclairs last night thanks to a crtain someone, ha!

    Lots of love

    Your loverrrrr.

    ILY!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much my loveeeer! I'm so rubbish at tutorials but I thought I'd give it a go! ;) Yaaaaay! More than happy to be an eclair enabler my darling & I knoooooooows they were totally worth it! ;) ILY xoxo

      Delete
  2. Aysh this is sooooooo cute! Such a nice tutorial! :) X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely Jo, I'm so happy you like! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha! That's the bad thing I suppose about these mind of nail designs...the constant state of hunger ;) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hy there!! I have found your blog and I'm very glad because you have a lot of interesting subject and you make gorgeous nail designs. I will follow you for sure. If you are in the mood for some nail designs please do not hesitate to visit my blog too. Kisses and thanks in advance.
    http://roxyru.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there hun, thank you so much for your lovely comment, it totally made my day! So happy you like & your support is very much appreciated hun :) thank you so much! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Ahh these are SUPER cute! :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much lovely! :) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Aww..this is sweet..but sweeest part is the tutorail. I am so glad you did that. I had been wondering how to get cupcakes for long nw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tutorial, I had been wanting one for long

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo