3.07.2013

NOTD - Vintage Rose Print Nails...

Ello ello lovelies! Hope you've all been keeping well? All returned from a few lovely days in Portugal suitably rested & recuperated which was just what this old gal needed. But like most good things it had to end sometime & twas with a heavy heart I dragged my myself back to work today, meh! Whilst in the Algarve a spot of cheeky hauling was also done of course so will definitely be thinking on doing a haul post!



Today's manicure that I have for you beauties is my entry for this months Polish Days theme which just so happens to be 'Vintage' & was inspired by all those 'rose' themed goings on in my previous outfit post. To me 'rose print' just screams pretty vintage goodness & has been something I've wanted to try as a mani for ages. Forgive me this is my first attempt & I'm not happy with it at all but hey, practice makes perfect & I'll keep on trying till I'm satisfied!




What do you think? There are already a couple of things I'll do differently for instance I think next time I may have a go at this with acrylic paints instead of polish & see how that turns out?




For my vintage rose print nails I started off with with my base colour which was two coats of OPI's Sweet Darling, a really pretty pale pink that I love & which I actually won in a bloggy competition held by the lovely Emma, so thank you hun! :)




Once completely dry I attempted to create my roses...'attempt' being the strong word. I opted to use 2 different reds, 17 Risky Red & Nails Inc Chester Square & I suppose the beauty of this kind of design is it doesn't really matter if its not perfect as not every flower looks the same & they're supposed to look all rustic-y & errmm unique right?! ;)




Using the tip of the polish brush I placed a dot of Risky Red & a dot of Chester Square next to each other & swirled it together with a dotting tool until it somewhat resembled a rose like shape, fitting about 2-3 roses per nail. One thing I'll definitely try next time is maybe do 4 smaller dots instead of 2 before swirling together? I think that may work better!




I then used a simple green nail art polish to place two leaves, one either side of each rose before finally going in with a black nail art pen to add a bit more detail. Finally with a nice thick coat of topcat to seal & shine & you're done!




I must say, even though they didn't turn out exactly how I would have liked, I'm absolutely in love with rose prints! So I shall definitely persevere with practicing, perhaps watch a YouTube video or two & give it another go!



Hope you liked the mani dolls! Cannot wait to see everyone else's 'Vintage' nails! :D



Lotsa love to ya! 


16 comments:

  1. As always... perfection! ;) And I saw it in real life! LOL! X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you my lovely Jo! *huuuuuugs* xoxo

      Delete
  2. awesome tutorial. this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job, and thanks for the how-to!!!! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Lisa & you're very welcome! Hope you found it helpful! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Very cute mani & great idea!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much lovely, so happy you like them! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Loving the roses , I did them too:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww did you?? Yay for roses! Hehe will go have a looky for sure :) Thank you so much! xoxo

      Delete
  6. It looks pretty cute! I hope you give acrylic paint a try one day. I like that it dries slower and you can 'control' the fluidity with water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweety! Yes I definitively will give acrylics a try! Hopefully the results will be a tad more successful! Hehe! :) xoxo

      Delete
  7. great job, I love roses <3 so I love you nails <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you sweety! So glad you like! I can't enough of roses :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo