3.10.2013

NOTD - Furry Soft Nails with MUA Fur Effects in Boo Boo Fluff!

Hello there my lovelies & Happy Mothers Day to all you angels out there! Hope you're all getting spoilt rotten :) Although granted it should definitely not just be one day a year were we show our love & appreciation to the incredible women who brought us up but every day, honestly what superstars you all are :) Yesterday I took my own mumma bear for a delightful afternoon tea at The Pinewood Hotel, where we had a lovely time stuffing ourselves silly & drinking copious amounts of tea. The service was absolutely wonderful & thankfully the hotel is right by us so we'll definitely be making this a regular little treat! Afterwards we went to watch the new Oz movie, which was nice & all but I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed? Perhaps its just me but I just found it a tad lacking :(



Now it would seem that amongst all the nail trends right now 'textured' nails seem to be featuring quite heavily i.e. concrete, sand, beads & velvet to name a few. When I heard MUA were releasing 'Fur Effect' nails I was immediately intrigued to try them out! But of course naturally, sod being the law in my town, I couldn't find them anywhere. Thankfully however Aqeela came to my rescue when mentioning on Twitter she had some for sale so I gladly took them off her hands! Thank you huny :)




I decided to give Boo Boo Fluff a test drive first, however I wasn't hugely keen on applying it on every single nail, so decided to just go for an accent instead!




What do you think of the furry accent nail? Its certainly different & also not as hard & fiddly to do as I thought. The 'fur' comes in little round pots with a sifter that allows you to tap through a small amount of powder or you also have the option of removing the sifter entirely & dipping the nail directly into the pot. As I was doing only the one nail I just used the sifter to shake out a small amount enough to coat.




You of course also need a polish to use with it, preferably a similar shade to the fur. Here I used 2 coats of 2TrueCosmetics shade No.14 which is a lovely glossy satin blue. After applying the polish on the ring finger, I immediately dipped the nail into the fur whilst the polish was wet until it was coated completely.




The texture of the 'fur' is quite thick so after lifting the nail you may have to pat it down & even it out on the nail so that the surface is nice & smooth. Overall I really do like the finished effect! Its interesting & different & I can see myself working more accent nails with it for sure to jazz up my mani's. However I'm glad I just kept it to the one nail as I think it would've felt a bit too much on every one. Did I find myself stroking my nail like some dodgy evil movie villain?? Perhaps.




I didn't apply topcoat as it would ruin the effect I imagine, but it did last a few days until it started to...err...moult? Oh & it even stands water so you don't have worry about it ruining in the shower etc. For a more in depth & step by step guide on how to apply the 'fur effects' then do check out my girl Jo's post on it where she's also included fab photos of each step :)




Thanks as always for reading dolls! The MUA Fur Effects are available to purchase in Superdrug & online where they are now £2.



Lotsa love to ya!


6 comments:

  1. Love this! It looks fab! I have been meaning to get some of this, and very tempted now. Need furry nails! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saf! Ooooh yes you need to get you some furry nails ASAP! ;D xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the effect, I think I'd find myself stroking it a lot too haha!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you Jennie! Glad its not just me then! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. These are fab! I love the fur effects range x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely! They're a fab range aren't they? Great for accent nails! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo