3.29.2013

NOTD - Easter Speckled Egg Nails :)

Greetings sweethearts & Happy Easter weekend! Its had a pleasant start with a pedi pamper session in the morning with the matey, just what we needed after the craziness of last week! We then popped along to the cinema to watch The Croods which was really a lovely movie! We had intended to see Jack The Giant Slayer but timings got mixed up & whatnot but this was a delightful alternative, definitely go see if you haven't. I was also super excited to see the trailer for the upcoming Monsters Inc prequel, god help me I will NEVER tire of these movies no matter how old I get & you can be sure I'll be booking tickets. Its also made me want to recreate my Sulley inspired Monsters Inc Manicure again! ;D

Things have been so crazy lately that I didn't really get a chance to do a proper Easter inspired manicure like I did last year with my most random Hot Cross Bun Easter Nails *sad face* However I wanted to do something to get in to the Easter spirit so decided to do a quick speckled effect dotted manicure using a pastel polish & some matte topcoat, the finished effect bringing little mini eggs to mind...that's Easter-y right? ;)


For my pastel shade I used 17 Woo Me which is a lovely pale lilac crème. This was two coats applied to achieve a nice opacity.


Once my base was dry I just grabbed my dotting tool & Models Own Cherry Pie & placed random dots all over the nail for my speckles.


Next I applied a coat of Revlon Mattifying topcoat to create the smooth matte effect. This is actually the first time I've used a matte topcoat despite having picked this up yonks ago, I honestly didn't think I would like it being a big lover of super shiny glossy finishes but I actually do!


I still felt there was something missing so I just added some final white dots using a random white polish on top of the mani to finish. Please excuse the annoying dragging going on there again...darn my impatience! ;)


Thanks for reading lovelies! Have you done some Easter inspired nails?! Would love to see!

Lotsa love to ya!

2 comments:

  1. These are just precious and I love the 17's shade - I need to get it! ;) X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my lovely :) Definitely do check out 17 polishes, they have a fab range! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo