3.25.2013

FOTD & Bling with Ed Hardy & GlitterGoth

Evening sweetpeas! Back to work as usual today, le sigh...but hey ho tis only a four day this week & the next! Huzzah! We do love Easter muchly...chocolate induced comas, here I come...

Today I have some pretty bling to share with you lovely readers as well as a little FOTD using this fab looking Ed Hardy make-up palette that I was given by a matey last year for my birthday...


Ooooh how lovely jubbly is that packaging?! I wasn't even aware that Ed Hardy DID make-up but apparently so & mighty pretty it is too, especially when you open up the palette to discover not only make-up but a fab fold out mirror with lights too! 

 

Haha! Very showbiz! I do love the added quirky feature :) In the palette there are 6 eye shadows, of which are a nice colour selection, the shades 1 & 6, blue & black being matte whilst the others are shimmery. There are also 6 lip colours, a light bronzer, eye/cheek/lip brushes & two solid Ed Hardy perfumes which come in cute beautifully designed dinky pots :)



For this make-up look I used shade 2, 3 & 4 in the row for a quick pale gold & blue smokey eye...


I was impressed with the quality & pigmentation of the shadows, which applied nicely with little fallout. I used shade 4, a pale gold shimmer over the entire lid, then applied shade 2, a turquoise blue shimmer into the outer V & crease, smoking it out slightly before adding shade 3, a pearly white into the inner corners for highlight. To finish I just lined upper & lower lashlines with MAC Fluidline Blacktrack, winging it out at the corner before adding a few coats of mascara.


The bronzer is a tad too light for my skin tone, its actually more coral-y on me, so I mixed it with my trusty Barry M Natural Dazzle to bronze the cheeks & dabbed on a bit of shade 2 lip colour on the lips :) Overall I'm loving this funky little palette & will definitely dig it out to play with again!


Now on to the bling part of the post featuring one of my favourite necklaces & which you can just notice in the above photo. I absolutely LOVE Gothic jewellery, especially interestingly unique, stand out pieces & this beautiful Alchemy Gothic Rococulus Necklace embodies all that & more with its prettyness...


*sigh* I just adore it! My parents kindly got this for me last year for my birthday after my leaving 'not so subtle' hints all over the place after discovering the Glitter Goth website through the lovely Aoife & which features lots of beautiful Gothic jewellery & accessories. This particular beauty caught my eye first, the Rococulus Necklace features such stunning & intricate baroque silver detailing, wrapping around a gorgeous black stone & hangs on a silk black ribbon with a chain & clasp tie back.


This stunner gets a lot of loving from moi that's for sure & I already have a dangerously growing wish list of lustables from the Glitter Goth site that I'm a wanting, eeeep! ;) Thanks as always for reading dolls. Are you a fan of Alchemy/Gothic jewellery?

Lotsa love to ya!




6 comments:

  1. I don't know what I lov the most about this post... The palette looks fantastic, and it is something I'd definitely want to have. I'd also like to have you as my make up artist, as your FOTD is simply amazing :D
    The necklace is something I could probably wear, but I don't have anything similar :(
    Happy happy day Aysh!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Ria! Your lovely comment made my week! :) Its definitely a funky palette right? Oh my gosh you're so sweet lol! I'm really not that good, just go in with hopes for the best! Hehe! Oh you should definitely check the website out huny, think you'll really like some of their stuff :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the look of this palette and what you created with it! X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo