2.07.2013

NOTD - Bad Apple Cosmetics "Russet" 3D Effect Polish

Heya my beauts! Hope you're all well!

Today I'm happy to have some gorgeous & relatively new bad boys in the nail polish world to share with you. I always get excited when coming across an interesting new brand of polish I've never tried before & such was the case with these delightful offerings from Bad Apple Cosmetics...


Aren't they puuuuuurdy looking?! Ooh & what's that my eye spies? DUOCHROMES! Ya know I kinda have a thang for those ;) The Bad Apple Cosmetics range includes not only some divine looking nail wraps, but some gorgeously bright looking cremes & these fab looking '3D effect' duochromes which have definitely intrigued me so...


The Bad Apple range was created by one Darren Woods & the collection is solely based on 70's cars such as the TVR which I thought was really interesting & innovative. I can't tell you how often I've passed a pretty coloured car & thought to myself “Ooh I'd bloomin love that as a polish shade to rock on my nails!” Errmm...anyone else do that? *nervous giggle* O_o Anyhoos I couldn't wait to give these pretties a try & of course dived right into those duochromes first which have been named '3D effect' due to the pretty colours shifts that occur with just subtle movements of your hands. First up we have "Russet"...


Russet at first look is a lovely deep almost olive-e green, which in different lighting changes to a deeper emerald green. However, flip your hands this way & that, then you'll see the colour shift which in this case is a dark golden reddish brown with a slight hint of purple hence the name of this little un I suppose. Very different!


The formula of the polish is lovely, really easy to work with & you need two quite thick coats for opacity & a nice deep colour, which dries in quick time to a nice glossy finish. My pics really are atrocious but capturing duochromes is a royal pain in the caboose & the colour shift is definitely there & I loved the combo of the green & russet tones.


Muchos eager to try out the others now including having a go at those nail wraps so do keep an eye out for those! Bad Apple Cosmetics retail at £9.95 for 14ml & are available to purchase online & I'm also happy to report that all their polishes are 3-FREE so do not contain Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP or Parabens. *high five* :D

Thanks for reading dolls! Have you tried Bad Apple Cosmetics?

Lotsa love to ya!

Disclaimer - products featured were sent to me for my consideration. I am not affiliated with the brand nor paid for this post, this review has been as always my 100% honest opinion! :) 

4 comments:

  1. I SO do that too with car colours and nail polish!! Glad I'm not the only one :) I'm not a huge fan of green but this is very pretty and I just love polishes that colour change with the light xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Phew thank god for that! Thought I might just be by my onesie there ;) Its very pretty & different isn't it? I do love duochromes & can't wait to see how the others fare! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I think I have the same nail polish colour but I still have to use it! ;) Great post as always hun! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh get that polish on your pretty nails Jo! You'll love it :) Thank you so much my sweet xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo