2.13.2013

NOTD - Antique Gold Glitter Gradient with Chanel Peridot

Evening dear ones, how are you all doing? Found myself home a tad earlier than expected today due to “accidentally” leaving my gym gear at work...yup... err accidentally. So of course truly devastated at the missed sesh but hey ho, will just go sweat it out tomorrow! That's if I don't “accidentally” forget my gear again of course... ;)

So my fellow polish lovers, do you remember when Chanel released that beaut of a polish yonks ago going by the name of Peridot which everyone went absolutely ape over & rushed out like mad women to purchase? Well you're looking at one such person who did exactly that but in typical Aysh fashion proceeded to forget about it completely! Bad Aysh. Anyhoos here it is in all its prettyness in an antique gold-esque mani with golden glitter gradient...


Oooooh my there's absolutely no doubt that its a beauty for sure & you know how I adore duochromes! Peridot is a gorgeous olive green metallic with a pretty yellow golden duochrome colour shift that shimmers so prettily! I absolutely adore the shade & the almost antique gold look of it


This is actually my first Chanel polish purchase & I've mixed thoughts on this little un. Application was perfectly nice in two coats to achieve opaqueness & wasn't as streaky as I thought it would be & drying time was pretty good too! Whilst I adore the colour, its actually one that has been duped by many other brands now & for a fraction of the price, Chanel polishes retailing for a wincing £18! I've also found this chips quite quickly, but I don't know if this is just the case with mine? So whilst I do love it, I may consider thinking strongly before parting with another £18 for one of their polishes & perhaps hold out for an inevitable dupe instead...?


I decided to continue with the antique gold look & went for opposite golden glitter gradients however I still haven't gotten the knack of starting a gradient from the cuticle up! Something I need to work on :) For the gradient I used one of my fav gold glitters Models Own Disco Heaven & topped it with some large yellow gold & silver glitters in a clear base which I just picked up in a set from the pound shop ;)



Hope you liked the mani! Thanks for reading dolls! Do you own Chanel Peridot? Till next time loves!

Lotsa love to ya!


4 comments:

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo