1.07.2013

NOTD - Leopard Print Nails!



Hey there me beauts! Urgh, Monday’s huh?! But thankfully I managed to find me some cheeky Hotel Chocolat yummies lying around somewhat forgotten & neglected that may have been completely bypassed by me god forbid had I not spotted them! But thankfully that’s not the case & they’ve definitely helped brighten up the Monday immensely ;)  

It seems I’m still very much in the feline frame of mind from watching The Lion King Broadway musical this weekend (absolutely amazing!) with this feline themed manicure I have to share with ya lovelies today! My first attempt at Leopard print nails! Roar!


This is one design I have wanted to try out for a long time but never got down to doing thinking it to be rather complicated…I couldn’t have been more wrong dolls! It was so straightforward to do & didn’t take that long at all. All you need is a couple of polishes of your choice & a black nail art pen (liquid eye liner works just as good!)


For my base colour I went for a lovely nude using Nails Inc Caramel which was from one of their Diet Coke collaborations. Caramel is a gorgeous creamy golden beige & applied beautifully in two coats.


For my spots I decided to go for gold! Using my current favourite gold polish Models Own’s 25 Carat Gold I simply used the tip of the brush to dot on the polish randomly on each nail, about 5-6 dots depending on the size of the nail beds. The best thing is that it doesn’t need to be neat, in fact the more wonkier the dot the better I think!


Finally, grabbing my Models Own Nail Art Pen in Black I drew two wiggly C like brackets on either side of the golden dots, dotting on a few extra little black dots here & there.


Finish with a coat of topcoat & that’s it! Feisty, feline nails! Am actually really happy with how these came out & am eager to try it out in lots of different colours! I’m loving the idea of a deep green & bronze…or maybe even a silver-y snow leopard print! The possibilities are endless!


Thanks as always for reading lovelies! Have you tried leopard print nails?

Lotsa love to ya!


12 comments:

  1. I really love these! I must try them!
    Followed xo

    laurieelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much hun, that means a lot! Really hope you do try em! Leopard print is so much fun! xoxo

      Delete
  2. i always want you to come do my nails! man, they are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bawaha! Awww well I'll hop on a plane & make my way over to ya my bonnie vonnie! One day for sure! ;D xoxo

      Delete
  3. These look beautiful! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I've never tried leopard print, but seeing how lovely yours look makes me think o might want to give it a try! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much huny! I always held back from doing leopard print as I always thought it to be quite difficult. So happy to discover that wasn't the case! Defo give em a go hun :D xoxo

      Delete
  5. Beaut! I could never have the patience to do this! They look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Believe me it's easier than it looks! And I am the worlds most impatient person lol! Give it a try! :D xoxo

      Delete
    2. Eeek! ok when I'm feeling brave enough i might give it a go lol x

      Delete
    3. Haha! Yay! Do let me know if you do! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo