1.23.2013

NOTD - Bluebells & Snowflakes!

Ello ello beautiful creatures! Hope you're all having a good week so far my lovelies!

I thought that the manicure I have for you today was rather fitting in with the current state of weather conditions so figured twas the perfect time to share with you pretties...Bluebells & Snowflakes!


Before I get on to the complete flakie gorgeousness that is that topcoat, I started off with two coats of Nails Inc Bluebell as my base colour, which was one out of a collection of three polish freebies from InStyle magazine a while back. Don't cha just love those? ;) I've already blogged the stunning Power Pink, another one of the three polishes, which I just fell in love with so was excited to see how Bluebell would fare!

 

Bluebell is a lovely, cool blue toned lilac/violet crème pastel which, as is usual with most of my Nails Inc polishes, applied beautifully, I was worried it would be thick & gloopy, but didn't find that to be the case at all! This here is two coats.


Once Bluebell was nicely dry, I then applied on top this wonderfully dazzling topcoat courtesy of Models Own which goes by the name of Snowflake & is packed with these stunning holographic glitter shards in a clear base, so puuuuuurdy!


I absolutely LOVE flakie polishes, just that little bit different from your ordinary glitter but still achieving a stunning effect! Snowflake is from Models Own Wonderland collection & this was two coats applied. I found that due to the shape of the shards & my nail beds, one or two stray bits did stick out a tad, but this was easily sorted out by a coat or two of topcoat, giving a nice smooth finish :) 

 

Snowflake is definitely up there with my favourite topcoats at the moment, I can just imagine it goes pretty much perfectly with everything! Models Own polishes retail for £5 and are available in Boots & online. Hope you liked the NOTD dolls!


Thanks as always for reading! Do you own Models Own Snowflake?

Lotsa love to ya!


4 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I love the colour you've chosen - I never would have thought to team lilac with sparkles! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweety! I know, I'd forgotten how much I love pretty pastels :) and Snowflake is a gorgeous topcoat! xoxo

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS colour and love the sparkle arkle! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thank you my sweet! Oooh this would look diviiiiiiiine with that most fabulous evolving purple dress of yours Sarah! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo