12.19.2012

NOTD - Leading Lady & Beyond Cozy from Essie's Winter Collection 2012!




Ello ello my lovelies! Hope you’re all having a good week! Finally took some time out & went to see The Hobbit yesterday & it was every bit as amazing as I thought it would be! To say I was excited when I heard that Mr Jackson was returning to do these films is an understatement as I’m a huge fan of Tolkien & that wonderful magical fantasy world he created.  I took my friend along with me who granted isn’t as big a fan as me; but hey I did Twilight for her, so she did this for moi & absolutely loved it too! My work is done ;)

Today I have two GORGUZ polishes that I was eager to share with you, most particularly because they are from a brand that, until recently I have never really succumbed to, despite all the good things everyone says about them…Essie. The reason for this is that, even though they are hugely praised, every time I found myself in front of an Essie counter, none of the colours really…GRABBED me? They just seemed extremely neutral in their choice of shades & me…I like colour! However whilst passing Superdrugs recently, I detected a slight sparkle coming from the Essie counter, intrigued I went for a closer look & found this beauty…a delightful little set of pretty polishes featuring 3 polishes from their Winter Collection 2012, Leading Lady, Snap Happy & Beyond Cozy.


I absolutely LOVED the sparkle of Leading Lady, in the bottle it looked just beautiful & perfect for the festive season! Every year I like to dig out a deep, red glitter at some point during Xmas as it’s just so festive & I usually reach for my China Glaze Ruby Pumps…but now I think she has serious competition with this beauty… 


Leading Lady is a beautiful red jelly based polish packed with lots of red glitter. It looks more magenta in the bottle but once on the nail, becomes a divine deep red glitter stunner, enough to give Dorothy’s shoes a run for their money! I just love it & application was perfect in two coats, finished with a coupla coats of topcoat for that extra shininess!


Next we have Beyond Cozy, which was the other polish that had my attention the most; this one is a stunning silvery gold, finely milled microglitter that looks amazing! It’s almost foil like, yet this baby has SPARKLE! 


Ain’t it a beaut?! The pale gold shimmer is so pretty & unique; I literally couldn’t stop staring at it! After applying 2 coats, I was just about to reach for the topcoat but stopped myself as I actually really love the matte like finish of it! 


I haven’t yet tried Snap Happy as I’m currently rocking as much festiveness as I can on my nails & this one seemed the least Xmassy out of the three? But will definitely share when I do! Not just that but I think this is the start of something special ;) Now I know what everyone was talking about with regards to Essie polishes, application was fab with the great quality brushes & the formulas are just perfect to work with. Now if Essie could just carry on releasing fab collections like this I’m a happy bunny! :D This lovely little trio is available for £9.99 which, even though they are slightly smaller sized (5ml) than the regular bottles, is amazing seeing as Essie normally retails for £7.99! *high five!*

Thanks as always for reading sweeties! Are you a fan of Essie? Any recommendations?

Lotsa love to ya! 


10 comments:

  1. Ugh I haven't managed to make time to see The Hobbit yet, must go and see it soon! The LOTR trilogy is one of my favourite ways to spent an afternoon (or day!) and I am so glad Jackson is spreading out the Hobbit into 3 parts, so at least for now there will be no feeling sad after I watch this one! The Hobbit is actually my favourite book from Tolkien and I am so looking forward to the giant spider scene in Mirkwood, I wonder if that scene is in this one or will it be in the next one?? Don't tell me! Lol I only have one Essie polish, and I had the same feeling about them mostly being neutral, or polishes that weren't my thing, but Wicked was one that I had always wanted! Leading Lady looks AMAZING, I definitely want it now after your swatch :s Such a bad influence Aysh! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah you MUST go see it soon Aoife, you MUST! SNAP! Me too, I heart LOTR so much & am over the moon that there are 2 more films to look forward to with The Hobbit...oh god the spiders, I won't say anything! Haha! I thought I was the only one who never got crazy excited by Essie polishes! Will def hav to check out Wicked & yes you need Leading Lady in your life, it will look stunning on you I know it! Hehe! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow I totally agree with you on the finish of Beyond Cozy, it looks beautiful! Very appropriate for the holidays x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so beautiful isn't it? I don't think I own another polish like it! Definitely a special one :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh! I love these polishes! I was lucky enough to be sent them for review and I am in love! Leading Lady is gorgeous and obviously very festive but Beyond Cozy is my FAVE! :-) Its so purrrrty!!!

    www.allthatslap.com

    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you lucky thing, they're gorgeous aren't they?! So pretty & sparkly & festive! Its also changed how I feel about Essie polishes, it is love! xoxo

      Delete
  4. The last polish is to die for, absolutely stunning. Your nails are always painted very precisely and neatly :) xo


    http://siaanelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Sian, you're such a sweety! I'm honestly quite bad & more often than not forget to clean up! This was one of the rare occasions I actually had some time going spare! Haha! xoxo

      Delete
  5. So pretty! I love the whole set and the price seems very good! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo! I know right? Not only are they GORG but the price was just TOO good to pass on! 3 polishes for £9.99...awesome :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo