12.10.2012

NOTD - Festive Nails - Golden Snowflake!



Hello lovely readers! We made it through Monday! *high five!* How are we all? Took a break from city life this weekend & chilled at home with the fam, productively managed to get most of the Xmas shopping done, but in typical Aysh fashion forget to pick up Xmas cards *side eye*…but I DID pick up a big, hairy, fluffy soft mohair Xmas jumper, that makes me look like an extra from Sesame Street but I bloomin loves it!  I then popped off to sing lovely carols with my bestie, at a get together that is held every year in the local church for her charity Crossroads, which was put in place to help aid young carers in our community & is something that I am SO proud of her for. There was a wonderful Salvation Army band present performing some of our fav carols which, alongside the organs sounded stunning & there was also a real live DONKEY for the nativity scene! Haha! It was all very cute & festive…until he decided to take a pretty immense dump in front of us all (including the priest!)…hmm not AS cute after that…though rather amusing I can’t deny ;) 

So I have my first festive mani to share with ya lovelies today! Finally managed to grab some spare moments & get in to the festive spirit with some Xmassy nails :) I have so many merry designs I want to try out but it’s just a matter of finding the time, especially in this most hectic of months! But will do my best, for today we have…SNOWFLAKES!


Do ya like? I tweeted a pic of the mani for Grazia magazine festive #manicuremonday & it made it to the website again which chuffed me no end! :D I don’t know what made me go for snowflakes for my first Xmas mani, but then random is me ;) To get my snowflake nails I started off with a base of Models Own Champagne, a most beautiful pale champagne gold foil that applied great & is a one coater! Yay! It really is a stunner of a polish. 


I then went in with my Models Own Nail Art pen in White to draw the snowflake design by simply placing a dot on one corner of the tip, then drawing three white lines outward, finishing with the smaller lines on the edge of those. 


You know I love my sparkle so I added a blue stone on to the central dot at the tips, going over with a couple of coats of topcoat to seal in place. For the accent nail I applied a pale gold from No7 called Sultry Sands then went over that with a few coats of my favourite Milani Gold Jewel FX, lots of lovely hexagonal gold glitters perfect for achieving a blingy accent nails! :D


Thanks for reading, hope you liked my first festive mani dolls! Have you gone all Xmassy on your nails? I’d love to know!

Lotsa love to ya!


8 comments:

  1. so pretty and festive!
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful nails! So festive and sparkly! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Jo, so glad ya like em! You know I love my sparkles ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. oh my g!! I LOOOOVE it!!! Gold, bling and snowflakes! Such a fun and elegant combo! I've been wanting that Milani polish for ages, I wish we could get it here! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks doll! Aww I know! But you can get Milani polishes from the Cherry Culture website for quite a reasonable price? They have other coloured glitters that I seriously want ;) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo