12.12.2012

NOTD - Festive Nails - Christmas Puddings!



Bonjour my beauts!

So as promised from yesterday’s post, I’ve got another festive mani to share with you pretties today! I may have started in a bit late but it seems there’s no stopping this roll I’m now on! Already I’m thinking up on what to do for my next one, any ideas? I started out with a Frosty Golden Snowflake Manicure with a touch o’ bling, this time I’ve gone down one of my favourite routes…FOOD! Christmas Puddings to be exact…


Haha trust moi to find inspiration in the edible stuffs! Truth be told I’m not actually the biggest fan of Christmas Pudding (shhhhh!)…but I like them enough to whack those pretty looking desserts on my nails ;)


For my Christmas Pudding nails I used one of the nail polishes from the FrontCover Sparkler Eye & Nails Makeup Kit I blogged about in my last post? This one is Burnet, a yummy chocolate-y copper brown, the perfect shade for my sponge. Application was very good, especially considering the dinky size of the bottle & brush & drying time was super quick! Very eager to try out the other two polishes from the kit next.


Next step was the dripping icing for which I used my Models Own Nail Art pen in White as I STILL don’t yet own a decent opaque white polish! Sort it out Aysh. Using the thin brush I just applied the polish along the tips, then dragged a few drops down the nail using a hair bobby pin.


Finally for my berries & leaves I simply stuck on a pretty red stone from one of my nail art wheels using a toothpick & clear polish to help pick & place them onto the nail, then using a dark green nail art pen, just draw on the leaves either side. Finishing with a few coats of topcoat to help seal the stones in place & done!


Found myself in a constant state of hunger today…I think maybe these were to blame ;) Hope you liked this festive manicure my lovelies! Got any ideas for me on what to try next??? Till next time!

Lotsa love to ya!



10 comments:

  1. Yeay i love that!! So cute & creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute I can just die!!! :) X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww lol please don't sweety! ;D Thanks Jo! xoxo

      Delete
  3. aw hun that sooooo cute!! You're so good! That Front Cover polish is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank hun, you're so sweet :) You should try em! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my god these are so cute! Totally want to copy these :-D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Leanne! OMG please do & let me know! Would loooove to see! :D xoxo

      Delete
  5. These are amazing! .. You're fantastic at nails! .. I totally want to have a go.. Mine will look burnt no doubt hahaa!

    http://rebekahesme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your lovely comment hun, that's so nice of you :) Ooooh yes do it! They will look fab (burnt or not! ;p) :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo