12.23.2012

NOTD - Festive Nails - Christmas Pressies & Holly!



Hello there sweetpeas! So the Xmas break is almost upon us, though I can’t let myself get in to complete full festive veg out mode just yet as I still have to go into work tomorrow!  *wails!* But once work is done then bring on the few days of family time & food comas! The stretchy elasticated pants are on standby…

I thought I could squeeze in one last festive manicure before the seasons up, you could say I’ve definitely gotten in to the spirit of it all with some Xmassy inspired nails including Christmas Puddings, Snowflakes & Starry Nights. Today it’s Christmas Presents & Holly!


I decided to keep on Essie’s Beyond Cozy, which I featured in my previous post, as the base colour as I’m just so in love with it! Definitely my current favourite polish, so beautifully sparkly & festive.


For the sparkly bows of my Christmas Pressies I used a nail art brush & Shade 41 from 2TrueCosmetics, a lovely, satin-y red, first drawing on a cross, and then adding two loops & wiggly lines for the bows & string. To make the bows stand out more & well, because its Xmas & that’s cause enough for more sparkle, I went over them with Nails Inc’s Trafalgar Square which is a gorg red glitter.


For the accent nail I wanted to do something different & have always found Holly to be a very pretty if a tad dangerous leaf, so decided to bung some of those on! Using a dotting tool (or you could just use a toothpick!) & a nameless dark green nail art pen polish I just draw on two lines for each leaf, then went over the sides in a zig-zag like pattern for the prickly edges. To finish I stuck on 3 red nail art stones for my berries, going over with a few coats of topcoat to seal in to place. 


Thanks so much for reading, hope you liked the festive manicure dolls! This one received the most compliments & is deffo my fav out of the ones I’ve already done I think. Have you done any festive manicures? Would love to see!

Lotsa love to ya!


4 comments:

  1. Your nails are gorgeous, so perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous nails! Love this design, looks so festive. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Saf, so happy you like! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo