12.11.2012

FrontCover Sparkler Makeup Kit & Xmas Party Makeup Look!



Good evening to ya sweet peas!  

Now that we have well & truly come in to the festive season, for many of us that also means lots of Xmas parties & merry get togethers with work, family, friends etc. we will be needing to get all glammed up for! Today I have a delightful little eye & nail’s glitter makeup box set to share with you beauties from the brand FrontCover, which will help with doing just that. 



I first came across Frontcover last year when I was gifted one of their eye shadow palette sets & was very impressed with the colours & quality of the shadows…which reminds me, I really need to blog about my eye shadow palettes at some point, including that one! Anyhoos, after that positive experience I was looking forward to trying out another box set from their range, this one being the Sparkler kit (RRP £16), which was just about perfick for moi as you know I love my sparkle! :D



Within the kit you get 3 sparkly glitters, a tube of glitter sealing gel, a sponge applicator & liner brush tool as well as not one but three lovely little polishes!



The three glitters are Golden Realm, which is a fine gold glitter, Dark Angel, a fine black glitter & Gold Glitter Dots, which is pretty much what it says on the tin, lots of lovely gold dots! These can be used for the nails as well as the eyes when used with the glitter sealing gel.



At first glance I wasn’t too sure about the polish shades but looking closer I actually really like them! The three included in the kit are Galaxy Bound, which is a black with what looks to be a gorguz mixture of blue & purple fine sparkly glitter mixed in! Vinaceous is a lovely fuschia pink with glass flecks giving it a pretty shimmer & Burnet is a yummy coppery brown.
The fab thing that I just love about these kits is that they also come with lots of ideas & step by step, easy to follow guides on different ways of using the products within, with both heavier as well as lighter looks to go for.

 

I had my work Xmas party recently, so was rather keen on trying out the kit to create a makeup look. To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of using loose glitter on the eyes as I normally make a complete mess of it, but I was loving the look of those Gold Glitter Dots so decided to incorporate those in to my eye makeup to help jazz it up…



After I’d done my smokey eye using my usual routine of black gel base & black shadow that I’ve shown before, not forgetting the Arabic style eye liner with outer corner wing flicks from the bottom & top lids, I applied a bit of the glitter sealing gel in the gap between the flicks, then using the sponge applicator & gel to pick up the individual gold dots, placed 3 in a row going outward. Finishing with a coupla coats of mascara & a light touch of Dark Angel glitter on top of the eye shadow & I was done!



Overall twas really happy with the finished look, the added sparkle definitely got a lot of compliments! Now I can’t wait to have a play around with other looks as well as the nail stuff of course! FYI…I’ve just used one of the polishes in my next festive manicure, but I’m gonna be a tease & leave that for tomorrow’s post! Teehee! ;D 

I am definitely loving the FrontCover makeup kits muchly, not only are they good value for money, with what you get within the kits & the many different ways in which they can be used, but I think they’d make fab pressies! So if you’re stuck for gift ideas then I definitely recommend having a looky. I already have my eye on the Dark Arts set…puuurdy. The FrontCover kits are available to purchase online & range from £16-£35. 

Thanks for reading dolls! Have you tried the brand FrontCover? Till next time!


Lotsa love to ya!



Disclaimer - product was sent to me for my consideration. I am not affiliated with the brand nor paid for this post, this review has been as always my 100% honest opinion! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks gorgeous! Loving the look of the big Glitters and the polishes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo