12.09.2012

FOTD - Pink Lips & Smokey Eyes with No7 Brigitte



Happy lazy Sunday my lovelies! Hope you’re all keeping nice & snuggly warm wherever you are : ) So last night was the annual work Xmas do which went well, nice hotel venue, fab company & of course most importantly, delicious food! Starter of quite possibly the nicest Winter Vegetable soup I’ve ever tasted with lashing of fresh bread & butter, followed with a full on roast with all the trimmings (pan fried fish for the non-turkey eaters) & finished with not one,  but three desserts of choc mousse, cheesecake & xmas pudding. One was VERY satisfied ;) The only downer on the evening I have to say was the god-awful DJ, who I would quite like to hunt down & slowly torture by force feeding him Brussels sprouts for playing the most TERRIBLE music ever! It was so bad that we ended up leaving earlier than we wanted to but our ears actually couldn’t take any more. Oh well!

Moving on, I’ve got an FOTD to share with you beauties involving pink Barbie lips… *cue gasps of shock* ;) I’m forever going on about how I’m going to sort myself out & start being more adventurous with my lippies, so whilst having a sift through my make-up drawer, searching for my beloved Body Shop Lip Butter, I stopped myself short & rebel that I am decided to reach for one of the many unopened & unused lipsticks instead. The lucky winner was this pretty little thing who goes by the name of Brigitte…


The reason that it caught my eye is obvious in the cutely designed packaging, so pretty! I think it was this that made me pick it up in the first place. Brigitte was part of No7’s Limited Edition Spring Collection quite a while back now, which just goes to show how long I’ve had it gathering dust in my makeup drawer! Bad Aysh! O_o


Brigitte is a pretty pale pink shade with lilac undertones that is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea & certainly scares the bejesus out of me, but like I said, I’m turning over a new leaf so may as well jump in the deep end! Haha!


As usual I have to do my routine of exfoliating & moisturising before applying the lippie, which glided on nicely & actually felt quite moisturising & didn’t dry out the lips at all, really nice formula. As for the colour, it’s definitely out of my comfort zone & will take some getting used to but kinda liked it! For more comfortable day time wear, I’ll probably just dab it on to the lips for that pop of colour :) 


To go with the pink lips I decided to do a quick black smokey eye, which along with winged eyeliner is one of my fav go to make up looks to do. Super quick & easy, just go over the whole lid with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean or a black gel eye liner such as MAC’s Fluidline Blacktrack, then pat on top a black eye shadow over the whole lid, smoking out with your brush in to the crease & outer V. Finish with a little highlighting of the inner corners, eye liner & mascara & you’re done :)


Hope you liked the FOTD lovelies, thanks as always for stopping by! Are you a fan of pink lippies or do they frighten you as much as moi?! Any favourite lippie recommendations?

Lotsa love to ya!





4 comments:

  1. That pink lippie looks beautiful on you. Your makeup always look amazing ^_^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Christine, you;re such a sweetheart :) *huuuuugs* xoxo

      Delete
  2. You look stunning! I have Brigitte too but have never worn it, I might brave it for a night out, not sure I'll pull it off quite as well as you do though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alexis! Ooooh you must dig it out and rock that pink! If I can do it...hehe! It will look fab on you! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo