11.23.2012

NOTD - Vintage Nails...



Happy Friday my lovely readers! Woo we made it! Got anything special planned for the weekend? Looking forward to one of my favorite pastimes which is heading to the capital city this weekend for jolly times with some lovely bloggers at the first of two ChristmasBloggerMeetUp’s where hopefully lots of eating, catching up & being merry will be done, with a visit to Winter Wonderland thrown in to get us in to the festive spirit before heading out for a girls night out on the town…good times! :D

Today’s manicure that I have to share with you beauties was done using one of Eyeko’s polishes called Vintage, from their old range which, it saddens me to say is no longer available! The Eyeko brand, it would seem, had a complete re-vamp a while back, waving bye bye to the cute Anime kawaii style packaging, which I personally LOVED, welcoming a new, sleeker sophisticated look. Most of the old Eyeko products have gone along with it including the polishes, fat balms, tinted creams etc. & the brand now consists of a range of products focusing on the eyes.  I was actually quite disappointed as I do like me a bit of quirkiness, but I guess they had their reasons? 


Anyhoos, Vintage polish is a very pretty pastel mint jade green shade which I’m certain is easily dupable. The polish itself was slightly watery in consistency; it seems a few of their polishes were hit & miss, I think I would have benefited from applying three coats instead of sticking to my usual two, as I did experience a bit of streakiness. But even so…I just HEART the colour. :D


For an added ‘vintage’ touch I applied some simple yet pretty white floral nail art stickers to each nail which I picked up in Savers for just a pound. Because of the shape of my nail, parts of the flower stickers refused to stay down, but I actually quite liked the slightly 3d effect from it! 


The subtle hint of sparkle is actually from an Andrea Fulerton glitter topcoat I used (forgot to photograph sorry!) as my usual one had gone walkies! *I’m looking at you mumma bear* …It’s filled with teeny tiny fairy dust micro glitters giving the mani a slight shimmery finish, however I’m still on the bench on what I think of it. Will try it out a few more times on different shades & see how it fares.


Hope you liked the ‘Vintage’ nails lovelies! Do you miss Eyeko’s old makeup range? What do you think of Eyeko’s new look? Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo