11.27.2012

NOTD - Tribal Tape Manicure...



Well hello there me dears! How are ya? Maaaaaan if this old girl ain’t tired! Came back to lots of lovely overtime at work after a fab, fun filled yet, rather tiring weekend break in London, although I guess I shouldn’t complain really seeing as Xmas is just around the corner & every penny  will be counted! I shall just have to stock up in the good old Skittles to get me through the week, forget Night Nurse; these bad boys are my secret rescue remedy! They never fail me & are the perfect pick me up!  

Now I seriously debated with myself as to whether I was going to blog this manicure…my first attempt at a tape mani… as, in no uncertain terms…it was an abysmal FAIL! Haha! But heck, I liked the colours & the initial design of it, even though it didn’t EXACTLY go according to plan & well, I’ll just look at it as another step (albeit a humungous wobbly one) of my journey in the world of nail art. So without further ado, here’s my try at a tribal style tape manicure…


So yeah, so as you can see, no clean crisp lines but a serious case of ‘dragging’ tape going on there…but I SHALL NOT GIVE IN! I will have me a successful tape manicure if it’s the last thing I do! If at first you don’t succeed & all that jazz right? But even so I still rather liked it…


The base colour is two coats of the absolutely divine BYS Prima Ballerina, given to me by my darling Chelle, such a cute name & even cuter bottle! It’s a really beautiful coral-y baby pink cream that looks so lovely on the nail, I love it!


Next up was the ‘tape’ part where I applied two square pieces of tape at right angles to each other on top of the pink, going to a point towards the cuticles & then painted over a thin coat of Barry M Black. It was at this point that I removed the tape as quickly as possible hoping for nice smooth edges but nope…that didn’t happen. I’m thinking I was either not quick enough in removing the tape or maybe applied too much polish? Anyhoos, I just went along the edges with a brush & some polish to neaten it up a tad.


Finally I just added some gold dots down the centre of the design using my trusty bobby pin & Models Own 25 Carat Gold, which is definitely a super dazzling gold with pow factor, finishing with a coat of topcoat.


So yes, even though it didn’t turn out quite like I hoped, I’m still loving the design & will DEFINITELY try it again, next time hopefully with better success! Tape...I will NOT be defeated by you! 

Thanks as always for reading my beauts! Have you tried a tape mani? Any tips?

Lotsa love to ya!


8 comments:

  1. I notice your BYS cap is skewed a bit - you can actually pull the top bit of the cap off and realign the grooves to make it sit straight again - just an FIY))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I hadn't even noticed! Haha! Thanks for the tip :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love it! If it were too perfect it wouldn't be so 'tribal' - GREAT COLOURS! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Sarah! Why yes I suppose you're absolutely right! Wooo! :D xoxo

      Delete
  3. OH that turned out to be very cute. Love it!! And the combination of the colors...;) lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely, so glad you like! Will defo give it another attempt, hopefully with more success next time! :D xoxo

      Delete
  4. I really like it! It took me AGES to get the hang of tape manicures. I'd say it's down to the type of tape you're using - medical tape is the absolute best, or thicker striping tape if you have it - masking or sellotape is a nightmare for bleeding (for me anyway) - fabulous for a first effort, I love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much hun, that means so much! And thanks for the fab tips, I just used ordinary stationary tape...will look in to those ones you mentioned! :D

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo