11.14.2012

NOTD - Take Me To Funky Gold Town...



Hey there lovelies! How’s tricks? Hope you’re all well!

You could say that today’s NOTD is a tad Bond inspired perhaps. I was dragged along to watch the new Bond movie Skyfall recently, some kicking & screaming MAY have been involved because I’ll be honest with ya dolls, I’m NOT the biggest Bond fan...*dives for cover*…I was far more excited about the nachos that would be consumed. But I actually really enjoyed it, plenty of fast paced action, great acting with a few twists here & there definitely made for a good movie experience.  Afterwards I thought about the few previous Bond films I AM familiar with & one that kept coming to mind was Goldfinger…which then of course inspired me to have a sift through all my suitably gold-y polish’s to create a “Goldfinger” golden mani!


My golden polish’s of choice for this mani included No7’s Sultry Sands, Models Own’s Disco Heaven & Jordana’s Funky Gold Town. 


No7’s Sultry Sands is a beautiful pale gold shade with a pretty macroglitter shimmer running through it & is from their limited edition a while back. I found this a tad fiddlier to apply than the other No7 polish’s, maybe the formula is slightly different but managed to get a nice opaqueness in 2 coats.


I wanted a bit more sparkle to my mani, so on top of Sultry Sands applied a coat of my fav gold glitter, Disco Heaven from Models Own Hed Kandi collection. I heart this glitter so much, very unique with the little bits of blue glitter dotted here & there amongst the gold :D


Finally for a big hit of gold, I went for a whole gold accent finger using Jordan’s Funky Gold Town which is packed with lots of large gold hexagonal glitters in a clear base. This is an almost identical dupe for the fab Milani Jewel Gold FX which I’ve blogged about before. The effect it gives when applied over the whole nail is dazzling, I applied about 2 thick coats & just moved the glitters across the nail whilst still wet & would probably have added a 3rd coat...if I wasn’t so lazy & impatient ;)


Now I’m off to get my Shirley Bassey on with my Goldfinger mani ;) Hope you liked! Thanks for reading sweets!

Lotsa love to ya!


4 comments:

  1. What a great mani! Love it! I love sparkles, and especially gold and christmas! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma :) Aww yes it does make me feel all Christmas-y now! Will be digging out a lot of glitter next month me thinks ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love that you were inspired to do a bond themed nail! This mani is super chic and also great for Christmas, the large glitter Jordan polish is actually really stunning xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Rhi! Couldn't help myself, seemed the perfect opportunity to play around with some of my gold polish's ;D The large glitters in the Jordana Funky Gold Town are even prettier in real life, you must get! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo