11.03.2012

NOTD - Ice Ice Baby...



Hey there loves, it’s Bonfire Night! Well…not technically as it’s the 3rd today & if memory serves me correctly, the rhyme dictates’ it being on 5th of November?  But I guess as that falls on a Monday, everyone’s firework-ing it up tonight! Had plans of heading to the local park where there is a Bonfire & Fun Fair every year, but not only does there appear to be sub-zero temperatures out, the folks decided to throw an impromptu dinner for some family informing me at the last minute! So I’ll be enjoying all the colourful sparkles in the sky indoors, trying to calm a frantic kitty & keeping warm with good food & tea :) Win.

Speaking of sub-zero temperatures got an ice & frosty like (see what I did there?) polish to share with ya in the form of Sonia Kashuk’s Smoke And Mirrors which is a divine, dazzling metallic silver!


Thankfully the henna has just about faded now! Haha! Thats the annoying thing with henna, it looks great for the first few days...until it starts to fade! O_o This is the first Sonia Kashuk polish I’ve tried & I have my lovely Mrs A aka Skin Scrubs to thank for kindly sending it to me, thanks sweet! It’s seriously beautiful in all its silver metallic goodness, so eye catching & applied very nicely in just one coat. 


The extra frosty effect was created by the addition of a little blue glitter from a cheap polish I picked up from Poundland in a set along with the gold one I used for my Go Pink Wednesday mani? I grabbed a few of these when passing by there last as I was drawn to the gorguz large glitters floating around in them…& I mean floating around as I did have to pour the polish out to grab me some glitter, but seeing as it only cost me a quid for 3 large bottles, I’m not fussed ;) This one is a mixture of different sized hexagonal glitters in a blue base, which when applied on top of the silver, gave it a pretty, blue tinted ice-y finish! 


I'm in love with the frosty finish, so perfect for the time of year & I can just imagine the Snow Queen rocking a mani of this colour ;)

Thanks for reading, hope you liked dolls! What colours are you rocking at the moment on those pretty nails?

Lotsa love to ya!



8 comments:

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo