10.02.2012

NOTD - Glitter Gradient Mermaid Nails!


Helloooo there my pretties! How are we all doing? Just returned back today from the lovely spa break at The Old Thorns Manor Hotel in Hampshire with the bestie *sighs* It was blissful, two days filled with eating, relaxing, getting pampered in the spa, relaxing some more…just what the two of us needed, we didn’t want to leave! The place itself was fab & I have to mention that the staff at this place are just incredible. You could really tell that each & every person really enjoyed working there & genuinely cared about the guests needs. We definitely felt very much looked after & will def be returning, if anything for the DIVINE beds! Oh my god, it was like floating on clouds…*reminisces*

Anyhoos moving on, I absolutely LOVE glitter gradients, they give the prettiest effect to the nails & really do jazz up a normal mani. Often when I’ve been wearing a mani for a few days that’s beginning to show signs of wear & haven’t the time to change, I just whack on a glitter gradient on to the tips to tszuj it up & hey presto, new mani good to go!

I’d like to dedicate todays NOTD to my fabulous blogging sister Annabella as I have a sneaking suspicion that she MAY be fond of this particular shade…


Sparkly mermaid nails! :D Do ya like? To get my glittered mani reminiscent to that of mystical, mythical, scaly, pretty woman with fish tails, I first used two coats of Ulta3 polish in Mermaid Green which is just the yummiest jade green cream, it applied so wonderfully & the colour to boot is divine (think you’ll agree Mrs A) thank you Chelle for introducing moi to these awesome polish’s! :D


Then for the gradient I first applied one coat of BYS Adventures of Alice, a stunning aqua blue/green glitter, about ½ to ¾ ways down the nail. But I wanted some more sparkle scale action so added an extra coat along the tips of my fav Deborah Lippmann Today Was A Fairytale, a beautiful silvery blue glitter, I love it so!



*sighs* glitter makes me happy :) Hope you liked. Thanks as always for reading my beauts!

Lotsa love to ya!


 

16 comments:

  1. Gahhhhh that's Skin Scrubs colour you have on yo nails! That really is a beautiful colour with the glitter.

    Your nail beds are so darn long - not fair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Knew you would love it Mrs A ;) We should title this colour SkinScrubs! You need to try this, would look fab on you. Aww thank you babe! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much huny :D xoxo

      Delete
  3. wish I had the patients with my nails, I literally paint and leave, done! yours look gorgeous!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Awww well the fab thing about this is that its so straightforward! Though drying time CAN be a pain, but so worth it ;) Thank you lovely! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your nails are such a lovely length, I always paint my nails, but then don't wait till they have dried properly and they all smudge! Would love it if you could take a look at my blog - http://lucy-abigail.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lucy! Oooh I know what that's like hun, you should get a speed dry topcoat, really does help speed up drying time! :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hey! It was lovely to meet you too! :)

    I haven't tried the Pixie stuff yet, but will let you know how I get on when I do

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey huny! Yes was so lovely! :) Ooooh yes please, those chubby stick like lippies looked gorg! Wish I'd grabbed one lol! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Lovely to have met you yesterday nail queen! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely! Aww was lovely to meet you too, had such a fab time! Hopefully we'll meet again soon :) wishing you best if luck with the photo shoot! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you hun, so glad you like! Agree this polish is divine, I love it! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Glitter makes ME happy too! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Haha, glitter makes everything better :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo