10.21.2012

Halloween Manicure - Spooky Jack O' Lantern Pumpkins & Dripping Blood Talons...



Ello ello my beauts! Have you all had a lovely weekend? It’s been a good Sunday, starting off with a bit of car booty action with my darling Maria aka MissDriftedSnowWhite & her boy Lodz where some pretty darn fabulous bargains were found, including 3 new Barry M Gelly Nail Paints for a fiver & a pretty top for 50p, result! I love car booty’s, not only is it a fab day out, but I just love looking  through all the stalls filled with bits & bobs that for one person could just be a pile of junk but to another priceless treasure! :D  The day continued on a nice if slightly, heifer like, note after indulging in a delightful afternoon tea in Marlow for my aunts birthday, nomming on sandwiches & pastries & sipping on different types of tea that I cannot for the life of me pronounce…all in a very lady like manner of course. *pats belly & belches* Good times ;D

With Halloween just around the corner, I of course couldn’t help but get in to the spirit of things & have some spooky fun with a Halloween themed manicure! After umm-ing & aaaah-ing on what to do & 2 disastrous FAILS where a lot of ghoulish like screeching was involved, this was the final result…Spooky Jack O’ Lantern Pumpkins & Dripping Blood talons… >insert creepy evil laugh here<…


Whatchya think? Do my pumpkins look suitably unhinged & psychotic?  Haha! Both were designs I wanted to try so instead of doing two separate manis’ I decided to just chuck them both on one! 


For the Jack O Lantern pumpkin faces, I used 2 coats of Collection’s Hip Hop which was the perfect, warm orange shade. Then for the eyes, nose & grin I used my Models Own Nail Art pen in Black & then applied 2 red nails stones on the middle finger as an accent for some super SPOOKY evil eyes ;)


Next, I applied 2 coats of Collection’s Milkshake which is a really nice creamy greige like nude on the remaining 2 fingers as a base ready for the dripping blood tips…


Finally for the blood I used Collection’s Big Hair. To create the ‘dripping down the nail’ effect I just grabbed a hair bobby pin which I dipped into a bit of the red polish & starting at the tips, dotted thickly along the tips of the nail joining as I went along. For the drips, I just added a dot of polish starting from the middle of the nail then dragged up to join the pool of red at the tips, thinning as I went along to create the effect of dripping blood, finishing off with a few extra drops dotted around the nail.


Not forgetting to finish with a coat or two of topcoat, especially on the stones to keep them in place & you’re done :) 

Really hope you liked my Halloween manicure my fellow witches, vampires or whatever alter ego you choose to opt for this year ;)  I actually have a few more ideas floating around that I want to try so may yet do another one later on in the week!

Till next time!

Lotsa love to ya!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great nails for Halloween!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, you are so talented xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so nice of you, thank you! I'm honestly not! haha! ;D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo