10.24.2012

Go Pink Wednesday! Frosty Rose Gold Crackle & OPI Sweet Darling!



Evening sweetpeas!

So it’s Wednesday again which means one thing… Go Pink Nails for Breast Cancer Awareness! I’ve been a tad obsessed with all things rose gold of late, for my birthday my big bro & sister in law kindly gave me lovely rose gold watch which has pretty much been stuck to my wrist constantly & I’ve always been drawn to rose gold jewellery more so than your bog standard silver & gold. So it seemed only natural for the next step to be getting me some rose gold-esque nails!

So when I found this delightful crackle polish in Topshop going by the name of Frosty (RRP £6) & immediately bringing rose gold to the mind I had to snap it up & get that metallic shimmering goodness on my nails! I’ve always been a fan of the crackle effect & loved how different this shade was to any other I own. I decided to layer it over my pink polish of choice OPI’s Sweet Darling, a really pretty, girly pale pink shade…


OPI is quite sheer so I had to apply 3 coats to reach desired opacity. I then applied on top a thin coat of the Frosty crackle polish, which applied really well & dried super quickly, another fab thing about crackle polishes!


Twas really happy with how the manicure came out, quite pretty & feminine, a nice change from all the heavy glitter I’ve been rocking of late! I think the two polishes gel well together & I love the finish of Frosty, giving the nails a pretty metallic rose golden appearance. 


Thanks as always for reading. Hope you liked the manicure for today’s Go Pink Wednesday lovelies! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s pretty mani’s! :D 

Lotsa love to ya!


8 comments:

  1. Ooo very pretty :) good combo! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! And its thanks to you I've got the pretty OPI Sweet Darling! :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love this! Such a sweet colour! :)

    www.thepulseoffashion.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty :) I had no idea topshop did a crackle polish - gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my darling! Yes they do, their polish collection is AMAZING! Deffo due another visit, just wish my local Topshop did makeup! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love the glittery fabulousness! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Can't go wrong with a bit of pretty shimmer :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo