10.31.2012

Go Pink Wednesday! Barry M Pink & Gold Dazzle Dust Splattered Nails!



Greetings my pretties & Happy Halloween! Anyone have any ghoulish plans for tonight? Me, well I’m tuck up in bed already & shall remain here till tomorrow if I can help it! Haha! Just passed on a few sweet treats to Dad who can handle any Trick or Treater’s who might risk coming by ours, I say risk as there WAS the year that we had the absolute delight of having our door egged by some little hellions…well my dad was having none of that & along with the neighbors proceeded to chase them down (dad with slipper in hand & all...twas quite amusing) & hand them over to their parents…surprisingly we don’t get that many down our street now…hehe!  ;)

Anyhoos lovelies, not only is it Halloween today but Wednesday too which means some more pink nails to share! Sadly this is the last Go Pink Wednesday, but I just want to thank the wonderful Andrea for starting up this campaign & including many of us bloggers to help raise Breast Cancer Awareness through the power of pink nails & I’m so happy to have been a part of it :)

For today’s pink manicure I wanted to do something different so decided to give the loose pigment splattered mani another go. I first did this type of mani quite a while back HERE using a Revlon red polish with Barry M Gold Dazzle Dust & really loved the finished effect, so couldn’t wait to try it again! 


Please excuse the henna-ed hands, it was Eid recently! This time I used of course a pink polish in the form of a limited edition Barry M that came free with a magazine & is sadly nameless! But it’s a gorg raspberry-esque cream shade, of which I applied 2 coats.


To create the splattered effect its best to do one nail at a time. After you’ve applied the 2nd coat of polish, whilst it’s still wet, pick up a little of the pigment with the tip of a spoon, I used the Barry M Gold again, & place on to the bottom part of the nail at the cuticles or wherever you want the splatter effect to be. Then just blow across the nail! 


I do recommend you do this type of mani where you won’t mind lots of pretty gold dust particles flouting around! Haha! Once all the nails are done, they will look messy but don’t fret as this will all wash off. Before finishing I wanted just a bit more sparkle so applied some pretty silver & gold hexagonal glitters from a cheap polish I picked up from Poundland, the glitters are very sparse so I had to pour it out to grab them but tis no biggie as I only wanted a few on each nail! Finished with a slick of topcoat & you’re done, once it’s completely dry then you can just run your hands under the tap to clear any lingering pigment :)


Hope you liked the mani dolls! Have you tried a splattered manicure? I’m off now to have a nosy at all the other lovely ladies pretty pink nails! Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you huny! I absolutely loved your cute little owls, such a fab idea! :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, mmm, mmm! That is really fabulous mani! Love the mica pigment you used. I love to do this too. Such a pretty way to get some random shimmer. I LOVE your pretty henna hands! Such beautiful art and would love to see some more on you some day as well as how you do it. I think it is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Andrea! So happy you like it :) Pigments are fab aren't they?! I really want some more colours now to try with different polish's :) Thank you for your lovely comment! I did a post a while back on henna-ed hands that you may like: http://trulymadlybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Henna

      Really loved being a part of Go Pink Wednesday hun, thank you! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo