10.23.2012

FOTD - Tamed Vampy Lips with 2True Cosmetics Colour Drench Lip Gloss

Hello there lovely readers!

Just had a bit of a Fanny Cradock moment & got all culinary in the kitchen, an almost unknown occurrence for yours truly these days. The look of shock on the folks faces was worth it alone. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE cooking, not only can it be fun but also quite therapeutic too but just finding the time these days is so hard! Anyhoos, rustled up a quick fish curry just like me old grand pappy used to make & it’s all being scoffed down so I’m guessing it was a success! Well…I guess tomorrow will tell ;)

Now dolls, when it comes to lip colour I am…pretty tame. In most of my makeup looks I go for nude tones on the lips pretty much most of the time & more often than not just apply a simple coat of lip butter or Carmex! As much as I adore all those gorguz bright & dark gothic-y lip shades out there, I just don’t have the confidence to wear them, thinking they make me look like a bit of a plonker really, as they are very much out of my comfort zone. So instead, when I DO want a bit of colour on the lips I reach for lip tints & this one I’ve got to share with you today is one of my favourites as it allows me to achieve a nice vampy red lip, but on a level that I’m comfortable with! Its the Colour Drench Lip Gloss in Shade 10 by 2TrueCosmetics…


Apologies for the state of the tube, it’s obviously gotten a lot of usage! I absolutely love the deep berry shade of this lip gloss & its super pigmented too so you don’t need to apply layer upon layer to achieve a nice colour pay off. It has a great consistency, thick yet not sticky & glides along the lip nicely. Oh & it also smells absolutely SCRUMMY with its sweet, vanilla scent! :D


The Colour Drench gives a lovely colour to the lips, perfect if you shy away from heavier, brighter shades like I do as well as giving a nice glossy finish. I normally apply one coat which then just needs topping up throughout the day. Great for a subtle vampy lip, which I like to wear with heavy winged eye liner, mascara & a bit of Benefit’s Benetint dabbed on to the apples of the cheeks for a spot of colour :)


A quick OOTD carrying on with the red theme with this pretty red, black & white oriental style orchid top which was one of my RARE successful charity shop finds yonks ago :D


The 2TrueCosmetics Colour Drench Lip Glosses are available in 10 shades & are an absolutely bargain at just £1.99 a pop from Superdrugs. Such a bargainous delight! I’ll definitely be picking up some more of these babies next time I’m passing! 

Thanks as always for reading lovelies! Have you tried 2TrueCosmetics?

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo