10.16.2012

FOTD - Rebelling...Quick Everyday Make Up Look With Benefit's You Rebel!



Greetings my lovely readers! Hope you’re all having a good week so far. Is it really only Tuesday though? Really? Attended yoga class again last night, which seems to be going well as I’m actually sleeping A LOT better now (find myself conking out at a more reasonable hour too!) though I confess I AM getting slightly worried at the more…let’s say…adventurous positions being asked of us as the lessons progress…I think I’ll stick with the cat pose for the time being...don't fancy ending up in a wheelchair O_o

Anyhoos moving on dolls, when it comes to my everyday make up for work, I like to go down the ‘less is more’ route. Something quick & easy to achieve a nice refreshed look which takes minimal time & effort, as the last thing I want to do in the mornings is apply step after step, caking on layers of makeup, which is not only time consuming but pretty inappropriate for work!

So for during the week when I’m on the go I reach for Benefit’s You Rebel, a lovely, light tinted moisturiser. This was the first tinted moisturiser I’d ever used & after trying out a couple of others, immediately returned to as it works so well for me! I love how light a formula it is & SO easy to apply, I just use my fingertips to dab on & blend in, sometimes buffing in with a brush.


I was actually surprised at first how well this worked for me as You Rebel only seems to come in 2 shades, this one & a Light version? However the colour blends in well with my skin tone, evening it out nicely & really gives the loveliest healthy glow to the skin, so much so that it even got compliments! And that for me is the sign a product works great! :D It IS a moisturising product so there is that risk of SHINE factor, especially if you have oily skin, but that’s nothing a bit of face powder can’t fix! After I’ve applied the tinted moisturiser I just seal it with a spot o’ powder giving it a more matte, flawless look.


The coverage is light, which is perfect for achieving a natural, healthy look, however if you’re a fan of medium to heavy coverage then this probably wouldn’t be for you. I love using this in the summer too as it really makes my skin look so healthy & glow-y. Plus it also contains SPF 15 which is fantastic as well as numerous other yummy & soothing ingredients such as Aloe & Vitamins A & E. Benefits You Rebel is available online & at Benefit counters for £23.50.

Here is a quick FOTD of my everyday make up look where I’ve used You Rebel, as well as the Benefit Eye Bright pencil & Stila Kajal EyeLiner in Topaz that I mentioned in my previous post, two fab products that really help give a more bright eyed & bushy tailed effect, just to show you how it looks :) (Sorry for the rubbish pics dolls, camera was out on loan so had to use my phone! Desperate times, desperate measures…)


For the cat flick I used a Bourjois Felt Tip liner, which has to be one of my FAV new products, I am LOVING felt tip eye liners at the moment, they are so quick & easy to use, you just simply draw on to the lid, in however style you want, no smudging & quick drying…fantastic!


I also just dab on to the cheeks a bit of Topshop cream blusher, another product that’s fab for when you’re on the go & finish with just a spot of lip balm on the lips. And that’s it really! Oh, and the crazy lion hair is courtesy of the Enrapture Jumbo Waver, which is still going strong as my favourite hair styling tool! :D

Thanks as always for reading my lovelies! What products do you love to use for quick & easy everyday makeup?

Lotsa love to ya!


4 comments:

  1. I love a more natural look for work too, especially when I'm meeting clients. And mainly I just cant be assed to get up early to make time for makeup! I'm a big fan of felt tip liners right now too. I have two essence ones but I Find that it goes dry after one eye so I have to put it back for half hour before doing the other eye- not good! Will have to try this one out xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hear ya hun ;) Plus I also can't be done with the effort of removing tons of makeup off my face in the evening! Something I am VERY bad at :-/ lol! Oooh you are so lucky to have essence where you are hun, they have some really gorguz looking products! Do try the Bourjois one if ya get the chance, I really do think its fab :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Natural is my go to for work too because I never wake up in time to do anything fancy haha. I LOVE your hair wavy hun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Like two peas in a pod you & me Chelle ;) Aww thank you so much darlin! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo