10.14.2012

Bright Eyes! Benefit Eye Bright & Stila Kajal Eye Pencils...



Bright eyes…buuuuuuuuuuuurning like FIRE!  *cue drum solo*

*clears throat* ahem! Excuse me chikadees, seemed to have gotten caught up in the moment there & lost myself for a minute. But I’m back now.

Evening dolls! Sorry about that, but whilst getting this post together I just couldn’t seem to get that theme tune from Watership Down out of my head! Do you guys remember that strange cartoon film, filled with very disturbing looking rabbits, a foreign bird with a severe attitude problem & far too much blood/violence than should ideally be present in an animated feature in my opinion? I’m talking Tarantino level…freaky stuff.
Anyhoos, today post does NOT feature violent rabbits but TWO lovely products I wanted to share with you beauties that I use religiously in my weekly make up routine. Benefit’s Eye Bright Pencil & Stila’s Kajal Eye Liner in Topaz.



I don’t know about you, but I need ALL the help I can get to look fresh, wide awake & ready to face civilization at work. Because no matter how many times I tell myself on a daily basis that I WILL go to bed at a reasonable hour…This. Never. Happens.  So the result is that I wake up every day & have to brace myself before looking in the mirror & see the inevitable horror story that will be staring back at me. But hey, it gives me a little jolt & helps wake me up I suppose.  But I need help! (not psychological but...erm... I guess a bit of that wouldn’t go amiss either…) 

So I love looking for products that can help me look more human & not scare the kiddies. The Garnier Roll On Concealer, which I’ve blogged about before, is one such product that works wonders, really brightens under the eyes, I love it! And these two pencils are fab little things too.


First I use Benefits Eye Bright, which is a thick, pink white coloured pencil. Before I apply my usual cat wing eye liner on the top lid, I go in with this pencil & apply it in to the inner & outer corners of the eye as well as just along the brow bone, to define the eye brows. Then I simply blend it in with my finger.  After blended in my eyes look fresher & more wide awake, it really is a brilliant product, one I’ve repurchased many a times & will continue to do so! (RRP £14)


The second pencil I use is Stila’s Kajal Eye Liner in Topaz, which is a lovely, SUPER creamy nude peach hue, which I apply on the waterline. I actually used the Eye Bright on my waterline also before I found this lovely little gem, however the bright pink white of the Eye Bright had the tendency to look a tad harsh? But Topaz’s pretty nude tone is more subtle yet still effective in brightening the eyes up, plus its super pigmented & applies like butter!  


There’s only one downer though dearies …I can’t find it ANYWHERE! *wails* This was passed on to me by my aunt & ever since I’ve been searching for it with no luck! I know that TK Maxx often stock Stila products but that’s always hit & miss & I’ve heard certain Boots stores do so as well? Not mine though *sad face* I’ve checked online of course but prices are pretty extreme, not to mention it’s always out of stock! Can understand why though! Maybe I’ll have a browse-y on Ebay…?

Thanks for reading lovelies! Have you tried these products? Any other eye brightening recommendations? Would love to know!

Losta love to ya!


10 comments:

  1. I love using eye bright in the morning. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a fab product isn't it? Definitely a must have for me :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I would love to see a before and after pic to see exactly what they do as I've never used anything like these products before. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya my lovely! My next post will be an everyday makeup look & will include these products so you'll be able to see how they look :) Hope it helps! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try Eye Bright for years! Really must get on that! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh yes Amy you must! I love it :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You're very welcome huny :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. LOL I so hear you on the never sleeping at a reasonable hour thing!! I always look like a zombie at work HAHA. I use the Stila pencil in Topaz too!! It's so awesome. I got it in a Stila pack ages ago but I didn't realise it's so hard to come by. If I come across it in Aus I'll be sure to get you one okies ;) I'll have a look around HK for ya while I'm here too! Don't actually know if Stila is sold in HK though haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo! *high five!* Haha glad I'm not the only one! ;) Oh do you?! Its fab right? If only it was more easily available! Aww bless ya my lovely! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo