9.19.2012

VAVA VIVO!



Hey there my lovelies! You all having a good week? 
The work waters have actually been pretty calm this week for a change, unless, speaking of waters, you count one of the customer’s casually informing moi that HER waters had just broken… O_o Thankfully though we have a Dr’s surgery right next to us so was able to pass the patient on with, I’m not gonna lie, a huge wave of relief on my part. For a minute I thought I would have to rush out back to whack the kettle on, grab towels & start initiating deep breathing exercises. Phew!

Anyhoos moving on, recently on one of my mad dash’s through Tesco’s to grab lunch, because as usual I was too much of a lazy bum to prepare anything, my makeup radar suddenly picked up a source & started going all ape on me. Hmmm, I of course needed to investigate you understand. So after performing an about turn I headed towards the BRAND NEW makeup stand that I could see was being put up in store.  Getting closer I squealed in delight at the sight of Maybelline, Rimmel, Maxfactor & many more well-known high street makeup brands that are now available in store!  :D

But the stand that caught my eye was VIVO Cosmetics, the makeup brand that is exclusive to Tesco’s & is not just fab value but I’ve heard great things too. Upon seeing I was actually reminded of a few Vivo goodies that I already own thanks to a blogger event a while back & which I hadn’t even tried out yet! So after making a cheeky purchase (which I’ll show you in another post) the moment I got home I dug out the few things from VIVO that I have & had a little play around & swatch-y sesh!

Vivo1
Vivo2

First up is the eyeliner in Black which from the swatch comes out pretty pigmented! It also has a nifty little sponge at the end of the pencil which you can use to smudge or smoke out the liner to create a number of different looks. Of course as with ALL eye liners it must be put through the WATERLINE test & I was actually quite impressed. Whilst it didn’t last ALL day, it still applies very pigmented & has better longevity than other more expensive brands I’ve tried in the past & the fact that this liner costs a grand total of £1.50 makes it a definite winner for me!

The other products I was fortunate enough to receive were two single Pearl Eye shadows in Shades 4 Rich Chocolate & 9 Goddess plus an absolutely divine looking baked bronzer in Sun Kissed.

Vivo3

      L-R - Pearl Eye Shadows in Rich Chocolate &  Goddess & Baked Bronze in Sun Kissed

The pearl eye shadows are…gorguz! Seriously, so buttery soft to the touch & beautifully pigmented & I adore these two. Rich chocolate is a matte brown which would make a fab crease colour or I can imagine a subtle smokey eye & Goddess is the most stunning burnt golden shade that is just so pretty. I don’t normally go for single eye shadows but I really do like these & at £1.50 each I’m very tempted to get more!

Vivo4

                                                 L-R - Rich Chocolate, Goddess & Sun Kissed
The marbled baked bronzer is muchos pretty to look at, Sun Kissed is a lovely shade & looks just as pretty on the cheekbones. I used it the other day in an FOTD which I’ll share another day & I just loved the subtle bronzed glow it gives to the face without making you look like you’ve been tangoed. It applies beautifully & £5 for such a large size is an absolute steal. I think I definitely need more baked bronzers/blushers in my collection. I have my eye on the Baked blush’s now…they look divine!

Vivo5


I haven't tried the mascara yet but my first experience with VIVO is most definitely a good un I’ll say ; ) I found the quality of the products to be really impressive especially considering the price. So next time you’re in Tesco’s doing the weekly shop, have a little browsy, they’re definitely worth checking out. VIVO is also available online

Have you tried any VIVO cosmetics? If so what’s your favorite? Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya! 

8 comments:

  1. Ive also never used vivo cosmetics before but the gold eyeshadow looks so pretty! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its even prettier in real life Shifa, so soft & sparkly. Deff have a looky! :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. OH YUM! That gold eyeshadow looks sublime - I NEED IT!!! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM exactly Miss Sarah! And yes you dooooooo! Can imagine it looking lovely on you :) xox

      Delete
  3. The eyeliner is my favourite eye pencil EVER (I only put it on my top lid!) I included it in my top 5 basic products, I like it that much! And so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fab right?! Especially for the awesome price :) Plus it comes in some lovely colors including a GORG peacock green! Must. Have ;) xoxo

      Delete
  4. I own the Baked Bronzer in Healthy Glow. It's honestly one of my favourite makeup products. I use it everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gorguz isn't it? Creates such a pretty glow to the skin! I really want to try their baked blushers too! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo