9.15.2012

NOTD - Balloon Nails! :D


Ello ello lovely readers! How are we all doing today? 

Now today’s manicure that I have to share with you lovely lot was what I wore for my birthday & was, in a nutshell, a complete & utter FAIL of EPIC proportions! Bwaha! But hey…I did it…was too busy (i.e. lazy arsed) to even try & re-attempt…so thought, to hell with it, I’m rolling with this mani & will blog the caboosey outta it anyways!*fist pump*

I got inspiration for this mani from the AMAZING Alexis who blogs over at Glitter Tips. Sooo happy to have found this super talented lady’s blog as she has some of the most prettiest nail art designs ever! I want to try (& TRY being the operative word…) so many of her fab designs & when I saw the fab glittery balloons manicure she did for her little boys birthday, totally loved it & decided, yup, I’d like me some balloons on my nails too! ;D And errr...this was the result...
 

 So…yeah. Like I said, totally not pleased with how these came out, it looked a lot better in my head! But I liked the colours so just kept it on! I decided to go for metallic colours for my balloons using one of my favourites, No7 Milan & Metallic Green, Purple & Blue from LA Colors. For the string I used a KISS Nail Art Paint in Silver & then just added a bit of white acrylic paint for the shiny edges of the balloon.



Thank you to my mother dearest who asked me when I was finished why I’d only done half a manicure…*side eye*. LOL! I figured this meant that the balloons weren’t hugely noticeable so I decided to go over the string in black which didn’t really help things in the slightest as people then commented on why I had ‘question marks’ on my nails…*tumbleweed*. Oh dear. 0_O


Oh well! I shan’t give in, will just see this as another little hurdle in my journey in the nail art world. If I do attempt these again, maybe I’ll outline the balloons in black as well, or even use a better selection of colours or glitter…

Thanks for stopping by me loves! Till next time! 

Lotsa love to ya!


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aww thanks for saying so hun! Lol! xoxo

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! They ARE obviously balloons, clearly mother dearest isn't observant enough ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Aww thank you Leanne! Had to shove them directly under mother dearest's nose to get her to realise what they were! *le sigh* ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have been trying for days to have a look at your balloon nails but my computer just will not load the pics :( They looked fab in the little preview pic on my blogger dashboard though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello huny! Oh no how annoying! :( Wonder why that is then? *baffled face* Awww but thank you so much! Yours were just amazing & I looooved your recent henna design! So pretty! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Yay I can see them now! They are so pretty, I love the colours you used and you can definitely tell they are balloons! xx

      Delete
    3. YAY! Hehe thanks Alexis! So glad you like! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo