8.11.2012

Makeup Savvy's Nail Challenge - Metallic Nails!


Morning my lovelies! Aaaah looks like it’s going to be glooooorious weekend (oh good lord please don’t let me have just jinxed it) Heading off to spend a day of relaxing & enjoying this sun with the bestie plus today is the day I think I’ll finally be dyeing the hairs on the ol’ noggin. It just feels right. I’ve decided to venture back to the land of deep, dark plum hues for a while & will be using one of those Schwarzkopf at home dye kit jobs as they’ve always worked well for me? Fingers crossed.
 
As I mentioned yesterday, this past week Makeup Savvy has been hosting the 15 day nail challenge, with a different theme for each day & today’s theme just so happens to be METALLIC nails! I love me a good foil-y metallic, I do, & so is a perfect opportunity to share with you this lovely polish from LA COLORS. I tell ya, the day I discovered LA COLORS polish’s in Beauty Base was a VERY good day. Such an incredible range of colours to choose from, great quality & in a pretty generous sized bottles too, I love them! Remember The Most Amazing Glitter Polish In the World?? Yup, courtesy of LA COLORS :)

For today’s entry for the challenge I have one of the polish’s from the metallic range, the aptly titled…’Metallic Blue’. Simple & straightforward. That’s cool.


 Such a pretty, frosty metallic Blue, it’s pretty much what it says on the bottle! I absolutely love the smooth metallic finish with this polish which was achieved in, believe it or not, just one coat! A novelty for this religious two coater ;) And the cherry in top of it all is that it dries in super quick time, so by the time I’d finished the second hand, the mani was totally touch dry making me able to continue with my day straightway! :D


 Just a touch of randomness with a pink glitter accent nail using a random polish, Pink Lemonade, which is a baby pink glitter in a jelly base that I found in Matalan of all places for a pound. Which also happens to be the bargainous price of LA COLORS polish’s too! High five for bargains!


 
Thanks for stopping by cupcakes, have a fab day! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s metallic nails! :D

Lotsa love to ya!



12 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Just found it through this challenge. That blue is awesome, such a great shade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much huny, that;s so nice of you to say! :D You need to try these LA COLORS polish's, they are FAB :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. hey! so lovely to see you at pegasus the other week :) your nails look fierce xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! Aww it was so lovely to see you too hun! Hopefully will get to chat for longer next time! :D Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous nails lovely! Really like these colours together! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh loving that you've got 2 shades on your nails ;) You nee to get onto the Nails Inc Sprinkles, expensive but when I spotted them, totes thought of you for obvious reasons... ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Lima Bean! Ooooh I have seen these divine sprinkles which you speak of...they are puuuurdy! But ya know, I THINK I've found an exact dupe of them by that brand W7? Saw it on another blog & now want it so bad but can't find it anywhere! waah! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Ahhh! I want that pink lemonade shade, its so pretty!
    I love the combination of the too together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Oooh if you can't find the Pink Lemonade in Matalan then try Models Own Pink Fizz. Its so sparkly pretty, you'll love it even more! Blogged about that one too! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Your nail designs are so pretty! Do you find that when removing your polish it weakens your nails? It always seems to snap mine even when I use a conditioning polish remover

    Clover x


    http://www.crimsonandclover12.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much hun, that's so sweet of you! :) Aaaw yes, removing nail polish can be incredibly drying for the nails, making them weak & brittle. I tend to use the pot removers as I find them quite moisurising & not so harsh? That plus using things like cuticle oil helps keep the nails in a healthy condition :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo