8.13.2012

Make Up Savvy's Nail Challenge - Dots!!


Ello ello lovely readers! Hope you’re well & having a good start to the week! 

You’ll have noticed in the last couple of posts that I’ve been taking part in a few days of Makeup Savvy’s 15 Day Nail Challenge? Would have loved to have participated in the full 15 days but sadly time & work won’t allow me! *sad face* However I was excited to see that DOTS was the theme of today’s challenge as I have wanted to try out this “dotticure” for the longest time, which I was inspired by the amazingly talented Lucy, who’s blog I absolutely adore! I am seriously in AWE of this lady’s nail art talent & love nothing more than reading through her awesome posts. 
One such post was an amazing aboriginal style dotticure she created using warm toned nail polish’s that I just fell in love with & thought, hey! I’d like to give that a whirlsy…so I did! ;D

 
Now this is not a patch on Lucy’s beautiful mani & I…erm…am not the most patient of people, so experienced a bit of annoying dragging when sealing with topcoat, but overall I wasn’t too disappointed with how they came out! I didn’t think I was a fan of these types of shades but I just fell in love with the warm, earthy tones & even though it isn’t perfect, loved how eye catching the pattern is :)

 
For this dotticure I used two coats of Models Own Cherry Pie as the base, which a beautiful deep burgundy brown. Then for the dots, grabbing a hair bobby pin & a dotting tool, used Nails Inc Caramel for the larger beige spots for which the hair pin worked perfectly, then used the dotting tool & a simple white polish from Natural Collection for the smaller rows of dots. I alternated between the two colours until the whole nail was filled. 



 
Like I said, I was a bit impatient & did this in a rush, hence the annoying dragging! Grrr! Next time I will definitely spend more time on neatening the dots, can’t wait to try more dotticure’s with different colours!

Thanks as always for reading cherubs! Hope you liked my DOTS entry for today’s challenge! 

Lotsa love to ya!

12 comments:

  1. i should try this dots too,,, soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely should hun, dotticure's are fun :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. ah so pretty! I love dotty nail arts! This reminds me of Aborigine dotted art :-)

    Cherry Lane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hun! Hehe me too ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Very cute, I love the colors and I have serious nail envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun, LOVED your mani's :D xoxo

      Delete
  4. This looks really cool :) The colours you used would make this a great one to do in Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! You're right, would love to do this mani again with these colours. Lovely, warm & Autumn-y! :D xoxo

      Delete
  5. love love love this. only have love for this. this reminds me of an australian ahborigen (sp?) cappucino haha xx
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaah thanks Liloo! So glad you like it :D xoxo

      Delete
  6. Your manicure is great :) Thank you so much for mentioning me, I'm totally blushing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Lucy, so glad you like it! You're most welcome hun, meant every word, your skills are INCREDIBLE! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo