7.31.2012

Smmmmmmokiiiin! A Deep Green Smokey Eye Look :D


Evening angels! Hows tricks? Hope you’re all having a good week so far? Daaaaym this old girl is dog tired…& it’s only Tuesday. Bwaha! For some reason unbeknownst to me, I decided to choose today to break in a new pair of shoes at work; little did I know that I would be breaking my poor feet in the process also. So I’m currently in a half paralyzed state, doing what every gal does best in this sort of situation & that’s seeking comfort in sweets & CARBS. Lots of em ;)
 
Have a quick FOTD makeup look that I wanted to share with you beauts today. Lately with makeup, I’ve been pretty lazy truth be told, in that I prefer going down the winged eye liner route these days, as it’s quick & easy but it does end up leaving my poor eye shadows a tad neglected!
However when I do reach for them, there’s nothing I love more than doing a smokey eye, not only is it super simple to do but looks great for both daytime & evening & can be done in a multitude of colours not necessarily black.  And it’s made even easier for me thanks to the beautiful Kaushal’s technique of doing a quick smokey eye, of which she posted an awesome step by step guide on her blog a while back, which is blooming awesome by the way, one of the first beauty blogs I ever followed, her makeup skills are amazing & she’s drop dead gorg to boot! 
 
Here I used her technique of covering the entire eyelid first with black gel eye liner, this not only helps make whichever shadow applied on top POP, but also makes it last longer. Then after pondering on which shade to do the smokey eye, I decided on one of my favourite shades…a deep dark GREEN.


The gel eyeliner is MAC Fluidline Blacktrack, which I applied all over the lid first, then simply grabbing a lovely deep moss green shadow from one of my palettes & an eye shadow brush, just dabbed the eye shadow straight on top slowly across the lid, blending out in to the crease & outer V. Another little tip that I learned from the lovely Kaushal is using an old credit card to help create a nice sharp V in the outer corners! To think of all the time I used to faff around with cello tape to get a nice edge when I could have just done this! Haha! 

To finish I just applied  a little highlight to the inner corners & brow bone, you can use any pearly white shade of eye shadow for this, added some more Blacktrack along the upper lash line, lower lashline, water line & winged out of course, finally adding a couple o’ coats of one of my fav mascaras’s Rimmel Lash Accelerator :)

 
Kept the face simple with Garnier Roll On Concealer under the eyes, Garnier BB Cream, a bit of MUA Mosaic Bronzer in Sunkissed Glow on the cheeks & Body Shop Lip Butter on the lips. Done! :)
  
Hope you liked the green smokey eye my loves! And thanks to the lovely Kaushal for such a fab tutorial!

Are you a fan of smokey eyes?  If so what colours do you like to go for?

Lotsa love to ya!



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE smokey eyes! But cannot do this look on myself... :( ...because I am rubbish, haha! I would usually go for greys but actually really like the green here! Nice one! Lucy x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy! Awww keep on at it lovely, I'm no pro either BELIEVE me! Lol! And if I can just about do it, anyone can! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Looks gorgeous - would love a front on view! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweety! Haha, will work on that, always feel so awkward doing FOTD poses! Lol! You on the other hand my dear...are a NATURAL! :D xoxo

      Delete
  3. i LOVE this deep smokey look on you, what a fab way to do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you lovely Vonnie! So glad you like! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo