7.11.2012

Pink Wednesday Party Nails with NYX Carnival!


Good evening lovely readers! Hope you’re all having a good week so far? This week has been a pretty hectic/crazy/stressful/frustrating/hair being pulled out of ones scalp type of week with a lot of things going tits up but I won’t bore you with the details ;) I guess it’s just one of those weeks! Let’s hope things pick up, least of all the weather that’s been like a bloomin yoyo all day! One minute we have bright rays *wacks on the sunnies* then turn your head away for a second only to return back to the sight of a downpour of monsoon proportions…*meekly folds sunnies away & puts back into bag* :-/

But hey! Its Wednesday lovelies, so I think this calls for a hefty dose of pink with a nice big helping of sparkle to brighten things up! Now I know that there are MANY multi coloured glitter bomb polish’s out there, the most popular & well known ones being OPI Rainbow Connection, Deborah Lippmann’s Happy Birthday & most recently Models Own Ibiza Mix to name but a few!  However the one I have to share with you beauties today is a most awesome dupe of all these, not only does it deliver JUST as stunning a rainbow glitter effect as the others, but it also happens to be the cheapest out of the lot as well at just under £2! Here we have the gorguz disco party of a polish that is, the aptly titled NYX Carnival…
 

NOMNOMNOM such sparkly goodness! :D Isn’t it just awesome? Such a kaleidoscope of colours, it really is a mini carnival in a bottle! For base colour I decided to go for a nice vibrant pink, using one of my mums vintage Revlon polish’s in Fiery Magenta. Totally love this as its one of those awesome hot pinks that has the most pretty, opalescent violet blue shimmers running through it? Gorg. Then out came the NYX Carnival which is jam packed full of different sized multi coloured hexagonal glitters, of which two coats was applied on top, finished with No7 topcoat to give a nice smooth surface :) Hey presto party nails!

 
In my obvious excitement, I clearly suffered a little glitter seizure & ended up smudging the little finger & was too busy (lazy bummed) to redo but let’s just pretend that didn’t happen… As I mentioned, the awesome NYX polishes are available for around just under £2 from the CherryCulture website, where I got mine from. You do have to pay shipping charges but in my eyes it’s totally worth it as there is such a HUGE range of fab polish’s to choose from including quite a few other Lippmann dupes too if you remember my NYX haul awhile back? And seeing as DL’s retail for almost £20…FYI Cherry Culture have a sale going on now too…& seeing as I have a wish list as long as my arm…well…I think I may be in trouble ;) I also recently acquired the hit that is Models Own Ibiza Mix so will def look into trying it out & see how it compares! Here’s one last pic for ya with added flash for even more awesome & amazeballs party effect. Disco!

Thanks for reading glitter babes! Are you a fan of multi-coloured glitter polish’s? Which ones have you tried? 

Lotsa love to ya!

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh now i'm so tempted to go and that website and but NYX nail polishes! Have never tried them before and this one looks fab !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Do it lovely! There are SO many gorguz ones to choose from! Let me know if you do! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I don't have any Revlon OR NYX polishes!

    Chelle x
    http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gaaaaaaasp!* you must rectify this asap Chelle! Now's the time as Cherry Culture have an awesome sail going on! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. amazing nail polish! love the sparkles!

    I absolutely adore your blog. The makeup is wonderful and I'll really love to try that out!

    Following u now via Goggle +. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you so much for your lovely comment sweety, so glad you like! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I don't know why, but this look really reminds me of cupcakes! Nom nom nom! I also really like glitter polishes. Layering my Nicole by OPI multi-coloured glitter polish on top of a jet black polish, is one of my favourites. It makes my nails look like tiny galaxies!

    xx Courtney
    Such A Beautiful Sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're so right! Lovely, bright pink sparkly cupcakes :D Aaaaah so happy to meet a fellow glitter junkie! If you like this then you will adore LA Colors Jewel Tone? Such a stunning glitter :) I've yet to try any Nicole by OPI polish's/glitters, they look divine, especially on black! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo