7.19.2012

Outfit Of The Evening - Its A Mystery! TFNC London Scallop Dress & A Weekend In The Country...


Good evening sweetpeas! Hope you’re all having a good week? Twas with a heavy heart & many deep accompanying sighs that I found myself back at work yesterday after a delightfully long weekend in the country with the matey for a most awesome murder mystery break. On Sunday into the car we got, loaded with all our bits & bobs, armed with Skittles, MaccyD’s & of course the incredible invention that is the SAT NAV (god love it) & made our way to Down Hall Country House Hotel in Hertfordshire. The hotel itself was just beautiful, set in stunning grounds like it was snatched right out of a Jane Austen novel. 

                                                                                         Our Hotel :)
 
There was also a delightfully quaint little village nearby where we enjoyed visiting the lovely little tea shop for a spot of English Breakfast & cakes, before exploring the picturesque churches & heath. We had actually planned on doing the whole “country” thing & go for a country walk, but we hadn’t made it halfway down the (very long!) driveway before we both looked at one another & just nodded in unison…   “Errr yeah...I’ll go get the car shall I?” …Haha! What can I say…we’re city girls through & through. And of course I would be the only person stupid enough to wear knee high suede boots to the country…*side eye* :-/
                                                                                      A Room With A View... :)

                                                     A life size chess board...there are no words...
 
    Frolicking in the forest...in knee high boots...coz that's how I roll...as I'm an eejit...

Anyhoos exploring done we made our way back to our hotel room for some chill out time before getting ready for the murder mystery dinner which was a lot of fun! :D If you haven’t been for one, I deffo recommend it! Not only is the whole experience enjoyable, you get to meet lots of delightful people plus of course get your glad rags on which finally get us to the subject of this particular post! After much tossing of clothes, this is the dress I finally decided on for my Outfit Of The Evening, which I actually won on the lovely Milly’s blog last year! I cannot tell you how over the moon I was to have won it, as not only did I fall in love with prettyful dress, I also NEVER win anything! And to have won it on Milly’s blog, who also happens to me one of my FAV bloggers, she & her blog are both awesome, was just the cherry on top really :)
 
The dress is from TFNC London & I just love it! It has such a 20’s vibe to it which I love not to mention the lovely scallop detailing & pretty nude & gold colours. The style of the dress is actually quite loose fitting, which seemed to drown me a tad, so I just cinched it in at the waist with a gold plaited belt :)

 
To add a bit more sparkle to the outfit I wore some super glittery shoes from New Look picked up during the Xmas sales last year & kept jewellery simple with my Swarovski pendant & a pair of long gold drop thread earrings both of which were birthday pressies . 
And finally for makeup I went for the usual smokey eye, bronzed cheeks & nude lips look which seems to be the route I tend to go down a lot these days for make up looks, I’m sure you used to by now! ;)


So all in all not a bad weekend break! But back to reality now I guess...*le sigh* ;) Thanks as always for looking dolls! Have you ever been on a murder mystery break before? Till next time!

Lotsa love to ya!


12 comments:

  1. You look lovely in the dress - it really suits you hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Milly! I wouldn't even be fortunate enough to own this pretty dress if it weren't for you so thank you lovely! :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS! You are such a superstar! The hotel is amazing and I love the chess board! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you Sarah! Haha not gonna lie...the chess board was friggin awesome! ;) Love you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Pretty dress - looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ashley, thank you so much! Haha yes it was a lot of fun, you should totally go! :D xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love your makeup here, especially the eyes. Glad you had a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Aish my lovely! Yes it was super fab thank you, hope you did too! xoxo

      Delete
  6. That dress is beautiful!

    Em xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! I am so in love with it :) Hope you're well! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo