7.29.2012

No7 Fanomenal Lashes Mascara


Bonjour my beauts, how’s everyone’s Sunday going? Are we enjoying watching the Olympic Games thus far? Today’s been a pretty much all round relaxing & productive Sunday, involving a lovely afternoon tea with the bestie who just got promoted at work, go girl! :D We then did a spot of super bargainous shopping where I snapped up a pair of GORG, shiny, black patent pumps with bows on them for £3! Did I mention they were shiny AND had bows on them? *high five* Then I FINALLY managed to complete the task that has been on my to do list for lord knows how long, which was getting some nail polish storage! I think I have it sorted, just need puppa bear to do a bit o’ drilling with his tools here & there, then I’ll finally have an awesome storage set up for my nail polishes fingers crossed! Will def share when it’s done!

I have a new mascara to share with you lovelies that I was, very easily, persuaded to purchase from No7 when I had one of their £5 off vouchers going spare, although let’s face it, it’s really not so hard to persuade me to buy makeup, a fact that’s clearly obvious on my face to many make up counter assistants! 
 
As you probably know by now, I am a big fan of No7’s polish’s. They have a great range of colours & ever since they’ve improved their brushes & formula, application is beautiful & they’re not too pricey at £7. Even better with the £5 off vouchers that pop up every now & again! I normally always get a polish with these, however this time I thought I would take a little venture into No7’s make up range, of which I already have a few products waiting to be tried out.
Today we have No7 Fanomenal Lashes Mascara, the newest mascara to join the range. First of all, I absolutely love the packaging on this! Very sleek looking in the metallic bullet like tube. 

 
The wand on this mascara has a unique star brush made up of cogs shaped in such a way, so as to help fan out the lashes, hence the name I suppose, whilst at the same time lengthening , separating & volumising the lashes.  
 
I found the brush relatively easy to use, I mean I didn’t poke myself in the eye, almost blinding myself in the process, as is the norm when I apply mascara so that’s a bonus!  The fact that the brush is thin & quite small helped with this. I usually always curl my eye lashes before applying mascara to lift them up & give them more of a nice curl. I then apply one coat on top of the lashes, brushing along the whole length, then going under them & brushing upwards in long strokes, sometimes using a zig zag motion to help separate the lashes & avoid clumping. I normally go for two coats, and then quickly after applying the 2nd coat, just lift the lashes a bit more with my index finger, I find this really helps fan out the lashes even more :)

Here are some before & after piccies!

                                                                                                      BEFORE...
                                                                                                       AFTER...
 
The No7 Fanomenal mascara definitely fanned out my eyelashes nicely, adding a bit of extra length too, giving a nice fresh, wide awake look to the eyes, however I couldn’t see much volumising action? I guess you could apply more coats if you want, but for me two is definitely my limit. I did love the finished effect of the mascara, very suitable for daytime wear & if you like your mascara subtle & not too heavy. 

 
No7 Fanomenal Mascara retails for £12.95 from Boots, which IS a tad pricey in my opinion. However the packaging IS gorguz on this, I can’t deny & I did like the finished effect. I’m certain I wouldn’t pay full price for it, but with the £5 off vouchers it’s definitely worth a try to see if it’s for you :)

Have you tried the new Fanomenal mascara? Thanks for reading angels, have a fab weekend!  

           

6 comments:

  1. Girlieeeee!

    *High five* You finally got your nail polish storage sorted, deffo let us know how it looks :D

    The mascara is pretty expensive but with the £5.00 off voucher it is worth a try, but then again your lashes are super long, JEL! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know! About time right? Can't wait to show you, that is as soon as daddy dearest gets his tool kit out! :-/ Yeah, agree about the price of this one, but with the £5 off voucher, its def worth a try1 Awww thanks my babe, love you :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. This looks like a nifty little bargain. I never buy anything from No.7 unless I have those £5 off vouchers either :)

    I am currently loving the Benefit BadLash (?) mascara. The wand is mahoosive but works a treat.

    www.lifeslittlestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe me too! I do love it when those vouchers come around. Thought I'd try something a little different this time & its really not all that bad! Just a tad pricey I'd say :) Ooooh I once tried a mini badlash that I got in a magazine I think? Wasn't too bad at all! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. We don't get that brand here - and I must say that I have been so happy with my mascara that I've been using the same one for years and years and years!!! Maybe I ought to try a new one - but mine is so cheap and cheerful! You have such beautiful long lashes and gorgeous eyes. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh intrigued to know which one Sarah, your eyes always look mesmerizing ;D Nowt wrong with having an old favourite! Awww thank you my lovely <333 xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo