6.21.2012

NOTD - Emerald Nails Two Week Manicure with Nails Inc Piccadilly Arcade!


Evening dolls! You all having a good week so far me dears? Soooo cannot wait for the end of this week to arrive already, been coughing & sniffling away like nobody’s business! I’ll blame it on the weather ;) This weekend will be seeing the big bro & sis-in-law traveling down to visit for a while which will be lovely, plus I’ll be meeting up with my best friend from all the way back in first school on Saturday. We only recently found each other again through that glory of glories that is the Book of Faces, of which admittedly I am NOT the biggest fan of, being more of a Twitter girl, but it got me one of my bestie’s back in my life so it does had its merits! :D

Just a quickie post for today, I thought I’d throw a bit o’ sparkly glitter your way my fellow magpies ;) When on one of my London trips I popped by the Nails Inc bar in House of Fraser Oxford Street for a 2 week manicure, something I’ve wanted to try for a while so thought what the hell, why not treat myself? A 2 week manicure is basically 3 coats of clear gel which are applied to your natural nail, topped off with a colour of your choice & finished with the Nails Inc Kensington Caviar topcoat, promising you a lovely manicure that lasts up to 2 weeks.
Me of course being the complete glitter junkie that I am opted to have one of the stunning looking Nails Inc glitter Nail Jewellery polishes applied on top of the gel, Piccadilly Arcade to be precise, a most stunning & absolutely jam packed emerald green glitter…it is BEAUTIFUL.

What did I tell ya? Is that a stunning green glitter or what? Totally brings The Wizard of Oz to the mind or is that just moi? The manicurist applied one coat of Piccadilly Arcade over Nails Inc Black Taxi to really bring out the sparkle! 


With regards to the longevity of the 2 week manicure, well me being a person who changes their polish on a pretty regular basis, I knew I would find it hard to last a whole 2 weeks! I found that the polish was starting to chip around day 4 so yup, off it went! The gel itself was fine for another few days but it did start to peel a bit, looking untidy, so I decided to just remove it completely after a week, by soaking in acetone polish remover then peeling away. However I DID find that my nails grew quite rapidly whilst under the gel which was a bonus!  But the 2 week manicure set me back around £40 which I think is a bit steep for what it is, especially as it didn’t really last a whole 2 weeks. I could probably get something quite similar done for half the price in a local nail salon. So twas nice while it lasted, but I don’t think I’ll get it done again…That green glitter however…that baby is going on to my “must have without fail asap” list for sure!

Have you tried any of the Nails Inc Nail Jewellery polishes? Have you had a 2 week manicure before? If so what did you think?  Thanks for reading glitter babes!

Lotsa love to ya!

8 comments:

  1. wowzers £40! It is blimming beautiful tho xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know "ouch" right? But yes agree with ya 100% hun, it is indeedy a bloomin booootiful glitter! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It looks even more dazzling in real life hun, pics really don't do it justice :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. That's the most amazing green I've seen in aaaaaaages! Also, I love your nails and I'm jealous. There, I said it :) Time I get some gels/acrylics so I can do pretty things too. Pros/Cons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its beautiful right? ;) Aww thank you very much! Oooh well the only thing I'll say is they do weaken your nails a tad! I used to have gels all the time & my nails suffered. But was happy with how well they grew under the gel though! :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow, this looks amazing! Not sure I could keep the same colour on for 2 weeks, I'm too impatient lol, it's rare that a polish stays on my nails for more than 2 days! But this is super pretty, and looks very opaque for a glitter. Looks gorgeous on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think in this we are exactly the same Emma, there just too many pretty colours out there to try! Yes the glitter is so opaque, was very impressed & the black base just brought out the sparkle even more! Thank you hun :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo