6.04.2012

Getting Into The Spirit - Jubilee Nails, OOTD & Quirky Shoes!


Hey there lovelies, Happy Jubilee Weekend! Hope you’re all having a ball whatever you’re up to :) The hopes of getting some sun, sea & sand today didn’t exactly go according to plan, not only did my mate & I find it near impossible to shift our lazy bum selves from the comforts of our warm beds but looking out the window this morn, England appears to have decided to be a bit of an arse again with the weather! *le sigh!* So today Jubilee celebrations within this household have consisted of pigging out in a most glorious fashion. High five! Though after a pretty hectic weekend including a girlie night Saturday & the wedding last night, a days bed rest has been just what the Dr ordered for this geriatric. :-/

However, surrounded by all the wonderful patriotism, I did want to get in to the spirit of things of course, so what better way than with a Jubilee mani, albeit a bloomin abysmal one! But hey, ho I went with it, had a play around with the new nail art brushes that recently came in to my possession & wacked some most wonky union jacks on to the nails along with a diamond glitter accent finger :)

 
Yah, I know…you should see the other hand. But they actually don’t look half bad from a distance & some kind soles did comment on them which was most sweet & did cheer me muchly. For the flags I used Barry M 292 (my bottle is an old one & doesn’t have a name on it!), a lovely deep blue of which I applied just one coat, then with me art brushes used No7 Snowflake for the white & Nails Inc Villiers Street for the red. The accent finger is a coat of Face of Australia Molten Metallics Nail Enamel in Titanium & my fav Deborah Lippmann Today Was A Fairytale applied over for some sparkly diamond effect :)   
My outfit of the day involves this pretty white silk polka dot dress with lace collar that I picked up in an independent boutique a while back now & what has got to be my most FAVOURITE shoes in my cupboard, I just love them too much & couldn’t wait to share them with ya!

 Dress - Independent Boutique, Leggings - New Look, Belt - Gifted, Shoes - Irregular Choice

The shoes in question are from Irregular Choice which I picked up on Portobello Road the last time I was in London. I have been wanting a pair of Irregular Choice shoes for absolutely ages after falling in love with all their quirky & beautifully unique designs & now I finally do! They are just so pretty to look at let alone wear but damn I will wear the hell outta these bad boys fo’ sure! I just love everything about them from the design to the awesome print which includes, polka dots, gingham & roses in an abundance of baby blue & pink…what more can a girl want from a shoe? 




 Thanks for reading my beauts! What have you all been up to this long bank holiday?

Lotsa love to ya!

12 comments:

  1. Cutie cutie patootie - and I LOOOOVE those shoes! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you muchly my lovely! :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. Those nails are perfect, I would have done the same but I didn't have a dark blue :( Those shoes are awesome, I love Irregular Choice's wedges and jewellery!

    ashneexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet of you to say Aisha, thank you! Aww never mind, perhaps you can do Union Jacks but in a different colour combo! Haha! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your shoes are BEAUTIFUL! your nails must of taken you so long! Would love it if you could take a look at my blog - http://lucy-abigail.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lucy! Haha it was a bit of a last minute rush job the night before...a fact that I think shows...LOL! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love the nails! I will totally celebrate jubilee next year. I vow to myself. And I will do these nails. Love your shoes, they look painful to me, but im a woosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! Yes you must, I will hold you to this vow ;) The shoes were alright once I'd put some nice cushion-y insoles in them! If I hadn't then I would most likely have ended up in A&E ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Cute nails! :) I love the shoes too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! So glad ya like! :) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love the Jubilee inspired nails! They came out so well. And the Irregular Choice shoes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you Sherin, that's so nice of you to say :) Hehe these are def my new favorite pair of shoes! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo